Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Custom dichro for mixing 635 nm with 660 nm

Cool

Hey folks - just a quick update. The dichros have arrived from Semrock. I'm going to try to get them repackaged and shipped out this afternoon when I get home from work.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey folks - just a quick update. The dichros have arrived from Semrock. I'm going to try to get them repackaged and shipped out this afternoon when I get home from work.

Adam
    That's great news Adam

Did you manage to get hold of one of those timer boards?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Did you manage to get hold of one of those timer boards?
    Oh Crap! I forgot all about it!

I'll get in touch with Randy and get him to send me a few. (Did you want one or two?)

Adam

Oh Crap! I forgot all about it!

I'll get in touch with Randy and get him to send me a few. (Did you want one or two?)

Adam
    I reckon one will do for the time being, just let me know how much by PM and i'll send the money.

Thanks again and please don't worry about it if it causes any difficulty, it's not essential

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Adam

Sweet!!

We get a free, 200mw 635nm laser to go with that, right?

Thanks for getting these for us, Adam!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wahoo! Can't wait!!
    Thanks again Adam

Thumbs up

Adam
    Well it is about time... I don't think you look so good, you should go home early...

Angry Post office pissed me off this afternoon!

Well shit!

Just got back from the post office... They refused to insure the dichros as I had them packaged. (Individually enclosed in a plastic bag with lens tissue around the dichro, like they came from Semrock, and then enclosed in a 6 x 9 inch bubble-wrap-padded envelope.) Ok - So what about putting them inside a cardboard box, but leaving them in the bubble-wrap envelope? Nope - still not good enough.

At this point I nearly lost my temper, since the entire order from Semrock wasn't even packaged this well when it was sent to me, and that was via DHL, which means it was surely tossed around a good bit! But there was no reasoning with the idiots at the post office. (I even got a supervisor involved - no help.)

So now I've resigned myself to packing additional foam and/or bubble wrap around the bubble-wrapped envelopes, and then enclosing all that inside a cardboard box. And if that doesn't work, then I'm going to a different branch office, because I'm convinced that the idiots working at my local branch are flat-out unreasonable.

Fuck... This is the last time I agree to do a group buy on anything!

Oh yeah, and to add insult to injury: Monday is a federal holiday, so that means it will be TUESDAY before I can try again. Assholes...

Have a look for yourself: Am I being unreasonable here?

And the flip side of the dichro baggie:

And remember, Semrock sent 10 of these things in a single envelope (with no bubble wrap, but the envelope was thick) stuffed in a flimsy DHL box.

Adam

Unhappy

Damn man that sux! I have never had an issue insuring something at USPS based on packaging. the UPS store did it to me once, but then they just re-boxed it to their insurance specs, charged me for the packing supplies, and off it went. I guess since I am still waiting on the single Maxyz I bought from fluff, there is not real hurry for the dichro... yet.

Cool

I hear you Aaron. This is the first time I've ever had to jump through hoops like this too. Must have caught them on a bad day I guess.

I'm going to put them inside the stupid cardboard boxes though, just to keep them happy. (At least they don't charge for the priority mail boxes!)

Adam