Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap DAC?

If you plan on adding a blue, why would you give up the red? Go for it man! Take it all apart and build a new rig in full RGB! You won't regret it.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    If you plan on adding a blue, why would you give up the red? Go for it man! Take it all apart and build a new rig in full RGB! You won't regret it.

James.
    You know, that's a great point! lol. Why AM I giving up the red? I'm sure I can squeeze in a extra module in to the box somehow

Shame the green and red lasers are TTL modulated, not analogue. But that isn't a huge issue really, since it's only 30mW and 100mW respectively it isn't too expensive to change them (when I find the funds though).

It'll be a RGV though, not an RGB But that's okay, when I get some more funds I'm planning on building a proper RGB, a 500mW one with at least 40kpps scan speed. But that's still on the far horizon Plus, although an RGV certainly isn't as good as an RGB, it has it's own little charms!

And yes, Flash can export movies as a sequence of .dxf images. This is a much better solution that I hoped! Now I can animate things in my favourite and most comfortable software. That's just wonderful, hugs for everyone!!

*big hug!*

Quote Originally Posted by Murudai View Post
    It'll be a RGV though, not an RGB ... Plus, although an RGV certainly isn't as good as an RGB, it has it's own little charms!

*big hug!*
    Keep us posted on what you get. You might be very suprized at what that V can do for you as your high end color. There are many things that will flourece when hit with this 405nm. White paper is a good example.

BTW We all LOVE pictures. Pictures are our hugs!

James.

Oh yeah, I know the joys of 405nm I have a couple 405nm pointers, and I'm planning on building a few more

My background on lasers is laser pointers, I've got quite a nice collection But now I'm looking at extending my hobby in to scanners

I may be new here, but I'm chasing down 2000 posts in LPF forums http://www.laserpointerforums.com/

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    ... Pictures are our hugs!
    Ya big softy !!

Where did you get a picture of me and my partner?

That is hilarious!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-26-2008 at 09:05.

Dear Murudai,

I recommend you analyze information from these link:
    http://hobby-lasers.startpagina.nl/

I hope this info can help you with choice...

One advice from me: lasershow system "as whole" should be balanced:
    - low level laser(s) - low level scanners - low level software;
    - high level laser(s) - high level scanners - high level software.

I heard many times:
    - I have Pro version of XXX software (controller), but my (12K) projector point bad picture
    - I spent $10K for laser projector, give me software (controller) for my last $200

Thanks for the advice riya
    Yeah, mines pretty balanced. Cheap entry level scanner, cheap entry level DAC :P

Okay, I also have another option for my DAC I'm considering. This one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290249194718 It's the most expensive of all the options I'm considering, but also the best. A proven top quality device, and it even comes with its own software! I've been playing around with the demo and I quite like it. I'm seriously considering this option. What do you guys think for an RGV 10kpps scanner?

It is really pushing my budget, but I've calculated that I will be able to just afford it. I just need to sell all my cases. Speaking of which, heard of the Wicked Laser Sonar? http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/S...ner-73-24.html I'm selling the same case as that. You can buy them off Wicked, but you have no easy way to mount the diode. My Sonar Cases come with a heatsink module that allows you to mount a standard aixiz module in the barrel. It also functions as a mount for the switch (it comes with a switch already mounted!) and a mount for the driver. Add a $25 PHR-803T diode, $20 driver and a $5 module and for a fraction of the price, you've created the same thing but twice as powerful! Price is $79 shipped. Anyone from laserpointerforums.com can verify that I'm legitimate I've only got 1 set left, PM me for details

</advertisement :P>

Free is not cheap at all!

Free comes to you with the high cost of having to learn it. But when you learn it, you own it.

There is nothing cheap about the quality of image or the level of control you will get with LaserBoy.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-27-2008 at 10:55.

The goal of my software is to make it as easy as possible for the user. My philosophy is that computers are tools to make life easier and that if using them is not easy then the software is poorly designed. I learned a long time ago that software that is difficult to use ends up in the trash bin.