Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB3 software update "with beams"

Default FB3 software update "with beams"

Hi all,

In reading some of the past comments about the FB3 and LiveQUICK software, it seems that some of you have been missing a feature for easily doing high power beams.

Ante made some comments about this in the recent past -- about how, up until now, the LiveQUICK software has mostly been oriented toward graphics and fan effects, and not so much beam effects.

Well, we have a new version of software with a new feature that will allow you to add a single point to the frame, and have this single point control how many output points are generated, thus allowing you to control the relative power in each beam. Of course multiple beams can be added to each frame if desired. You can download the latest version from our Updates page here (scroll towards the bottom of the page to see FB3-related software):
    http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

Here's how to create beam point using the new version : Using the Freehand tool, hold Ctrl and do the click. This will create a BEAM point. The BEAM point is designated in the drawing window with a X in the color of the point.

You can also have extra control over this beam in the Point area of the program. If you look at bottom of screen, you will see a kind of point list. This has always been there, but you will notice something new here - pretty wide cell with text. If you double-click on the beam-cell, it will call a dialog that allows you to define the number of points in the beam.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Best regards,

William Benner

very nice to know! i was a little bummed at first since it didnt just make a full power beam but now i know its easy so thats good! thanks!
    -Josh

Hi Bill,

I have tried the new software (822) and there seems to be a small problem. I find that whenever the last point of the frame is a beam point its very weak; like a normal point. Adding another point will give the beam its full brightness, even if it's a blanked one.

Also, when you use the animate function they are converted to normal points.

It's a nice addition to the LiveQUICK software though. I have been looking for an easy way to make beams there since I received my FB3 and now it's finally possible.

FB3 , any objections to us renaming it

Benners Beam Blaster Software ?

PAUL

F ..... Bx3 ?

Sorry im low in medication at the moment
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Tocket,

Thanks for the report. We will look into this and see what we discover.

Bill

Bill on that page is the download for LivePro for USB FB3.

How much is it for a licence for that program to run with my FB3?

Thanks.

Hi,

By the way tocket, we found the problem with the last point being a beam on LiveQUICK. Thanks for reporting it. We are doing some testing now, and will put a new version of the sofware on our web site next week some time.

Regarding LivePRO USB, there is a lower price for this than the QM2000 version, since LivePRO USB has a few fewer features (for example, no virtual TTL outputs through DMX, no DMX input triggering, and a few other things that are only present on QM2000 hardware and not on the FB3.

Unfortunately, I am writing from home right now, and not from the office, so I don't have the price list in front of me. Also, I am trying to concentrate only on high-level operations and new product development, and trying to let other folks within Pangolin handle lower-level tasks including price quotes. I think I saw a post somewhere on PL where someone espoused the price for LivePRO USB, so you can find it here somewhere if you need it quick. Otherwise, please send me an email using the contact form on the Pangolin web site, and I will forward it to Justin who will get back to you with a price.

Best regards,

William Benner

I think this is the appropriate thread for my issue. I bough a new computer and sold my old one. Old computer was XP new computer runs on Vista. I have an FB3 CD with Livepro. I can't load the software onto my computer. I think the issue is with the drivers. I downloaded drivers from pangolin but I don't know where to put them or load them or whatever. Can anyone help me so I can use my projectors once again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    I think this is the appropriate thread for my issue. I bough a new computer and sold my old one. Old computer was XP new computer runs on Vista. I have an FB3 CD with Livepro. I can't load the software onto my computer. I think the issue is with the drivers. I downloaded drivers from pangolin but I don't know where to put them or load them or whatever. Can anyone help me so I can use my projectors once again. Thanks.
    I don't have the software so can't comment directly but I do know many programmes used to use 16 bit installers and 16 bit support was turned off in Vista for security as most viruses used 16 bit installation / writing.

You can't load any software with a 16 bit installer into Vista.

Have you tried downloading the latest versions from Pangolin's update page and installing them instead - it may be your cd has an old copy?

Just copy the disc contents to a folder on your hard drive (I created one called Pangolin in program files), right click on the individual programs (LivePro, ShowRider etc, and select "Pin to start menu"

Plug in your hardware, when Windows asks for the drivers; direct it to the driver folder.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.