Thread: LaserBoy ventrilo server

Talking LaserBoy ventrilo server

Let's get together for some live voip about LaserBoy!

http://www.ventrilo.com

I just setup a ventrilo server on my own machine, here in Akron, Ohio. We can have as many as 8 people connected at a time.

If you are interested in some real time lessons or just some good conversation, PM me. I need to get another person on to help me test it anyway.

I will only run the server when it needs to be running!

James.

I'm interested. I haven't seen LaserBoy lately. Maybe set up a timeslot in the evening so people can schedule it in?

A schedule would be a great idea! I'm usually available from about 8:00 or 9:00 to whatever EST. I'd like to get some people on from other continents as well. I can call y'all here in the USA on the phone!

If I'm on the PL, you can PM me and we'll get going on the LaserBoy ventrilo server!

James.

Default GSI scanhead

Hi,

James, can laserboy drive a GSI scanhead, i just got one model HPM10A,

found that under HPM10M2 on GS site, it apears to be a galvo and driver board integrated into a single scanhead, can i use the included amp, or should i just use the galvos ??

Thanks

Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    A schedule would be a great idea! I'm usually available from about 8:00 or 9:00 to whatever EST. I'd like to get some people on from other continents as well. I can call y'all here in the USA on the phone!

If I'm on the PL, you can PM me and we'll get going on the LaserBoy ventrilo server!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by ams-laser View Post
    Hi,

James, can laserboy drive a GSI scanhead, i just got one model HPM10A,

found that under HPM10M2 on GS site, it apears to be a galvo and driver board integrated into a single scanhead, can i use the included amp, or should i just use the galvos ??

Thanks

Eduardo
    Check out this thread:

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

LaserBoy is pretty much software and concept. What you do with it is up to you. A lot of work has been done to get all the way to the ILDA DB25 connector of a standard ILDA projector. So it could get you that far.

If you only have one scanner, all you can do is draw a straight line. You need two scanners one for X and one for Y to draw pictures. You will most definitely need the amp that goes with the scanner! That should be a system.

James.

Hi,
    Let me re-frase my question,
    Can someone help me to get it to work with laserboy?
    the scanhead has 2 galvos and driver hardware, there closed loop, and i want to try using that with my yag laser and laserboy to make a engraver

Thanks

Eduardo

Sure. I can help you.

What is your question? We should probably move this conversation to this thread:

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

James.

Well, it works! I just had a voip conversation with seanharrison in the UK. I'd like to start having regularly scheduled chats. What would be good for you (anyone)?

James.

Lightbulb

James, wouldn't... and I know how you feel about windows... wouldn't netmeeting be a great, free, tool for you to use to colaborate with people about LaserBoy? You could even give video demonstrations while answering live questions.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    James, wouldn't... and I know how you feel about windows... wouldn't netmeeting be a great, free, tool for you to use to colaborate with people about LaserBoy? You could even give video demonstrations while answering live questions.

Ewwww, Netmeeting

You dont really need video demonstrations for software that uses mostly the keyboard. (Not unless you wanna face the camera at the keyboard incase some people dont know where the SPACE BAR is!!!)

Ventrilo is excellent worked really well

I look forwards to future comm's