Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max/MSP Object for Moncha, and others?

Default Max/MSP Object for Moncha, and others?

Are there any programmers out there who would be interested in helping to develop a Max/MSP Object for laser control? I am a digital artist and would love to be able to control my laser from the same 'patches' I use to control video, sound and DMX lights.

I might be able to find a small amount of money to put towards the project, but this is being self-funded so won't be a fortune. I use a Moncha DAC and would need it to work with that at least.

Sean
    seanclark@gmail.com
    www.cuttlefish.org

Well.... You've come to the right place. Just about everyone on the PL is an artist of the avant-garde.

You should probably describe what you want to do more precisely. There might be someone here who already knows how to do it.

James.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am interested in generating laser shows "live", be that visualising music, or responding to the presence of of people etc. I use Max/MSP to do this with video and DMX lights, and would like to be able to use Max to control the laser too.

One thing I would also like to do is to line trace a live video feed and then redraw the video via the laser!

What do you think?

Sean

I think mamba black can do that

So can Pangolin... VST, I think

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

But mamba will support his dac i think

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    But mamba will support his dac i think
    Ahh, sorry I missed that bit
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at Mamba. Out of interest, are there any Max/MSP users out there?

The problem with feeding algorithmically generated sources to the laser in realtime is that it takes a nontrivial amount of processing to ensure you don't do something that will hurt the scanners I've been working on a rendering pipeline to take generative pointsets and turn them into something you can scan, but it's slow going with my day job and all...

Bump! I'm a MaxMSP user, and I'd be really keen to see some integration with lasers happening. Personally I'm just getting into this laser thing so I can't comment further. But seancuttlefish, have you had any success with Mamba and Max?

Cheers