Thread: You Know When Youv'e been PANGO'ed

Default You Know When Youv'e been PANGO'ed

You Know When Youv'e been PANGO'ed

Ok simon ( pitbull ) cracked the joke last week ... but i now feel ive certainly been Pango'ed .... and just thought i would share my experience with you guys ( like we do )

As most know i recently aquired my Pangolin QM2000 after being blown away at the UKLEM by Jeremys ( jems ) kit and previously seeing Neils ( Chaos ) system running recently

Now on getting it home installed and watching the shows ... it could only go one way .... INTERACTIVE .... i was missing the live control that i had with Mamba ... so after a few days ( ok minutes actualy ) i decided i needed a LivePro licence and after seeing the portability of Jeremys QM2000.NET system i decided to also get the .NET box

On thurdsday last week I contacted BIll at Pangolin regarding the purchase who literaly replied straight back to me .. informing me that unfortunately the serial number of my QM2000 was only a few numbers before the firmware contained the .NET upgrade, so it would have to go back to Pangolin to have the firmware upgraded.
    So deciding to make the purchase of LivePro and the Laptop version of .NET i contacted bill with my payment and went to our local Staples in the UK who is a DHL agent
    ..... and had one of the worst "Customer" experiences ever, this "Customer Sales assistant" insisted that i open my carefully sealed box so she could inspect it ... "as i could be sending Heroin" her exact words ..... then she printed the the details on the wrong paper .... then photocopied them .... then added some handwitten info then photocopied them again ... by this time the bar code was just a blur ...
    all the time she was moaning and groaning .... she also messed up on other things but you get the picture

thankfully the Package left here Friday evening and considering it was a bank holiday weekend .... was delivered to the Pangolin office at 9:20am on the monday morning

NOW THIS IS THE AMAZING BIT

by 5:29 PM the same day it had its firmware upgrade, it had been fitted into the .NET box and Tested, It had been Repacked and had been picked up by DHL in the USA and was on its way back to me

and today ( thursday Morning ) i have recieved the unit back here in the UK

now thats what i call good service

so a big thankyou goes out to Bill , Justin and Paulo and all the other guys at Pangolin that made it a such a pleasure doing business

and no thanks to the Bitch at staples that made my life a misery as i was sure my QM2000 was going to end up in Nigeria

the .net box is a tough, built for the road, well designed unit ... and i had to have a look inside ( you have to... dont you ) so heres some photos

all the best ... Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails net1.jpg  

net2.jpg  

net3.jpg  

Last edited by Banthai; 08-28-2008 at 06:45.

Whoa, Karl, That's Quick . and as usual, great service from Pangolin

I wanted to be first to reply to your post as I feel somehow responsible for getting you into this

Now it's time to *really* start playing - Have fun!

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

nice!! i hate people that hate their job lol

they make the customers experience terrible!
    -Josh

Smile

*Smack* "You've just been Pango'd"

Hehe.. Looking good there, Karl. Yeah, LivePro! is the shit. Francesco put on a LivePro! demonstration at SELEM 2008 with three projectors (and three QM-2000.net enclosures) all connected to a single laptop that had a touch screen. Holy crap was that cool!

Looking forward to seeing a couple videos as you put your new baby through her paces...

Adam

good work karl, look forward to seeing it at the next meet.

could someone explain to me the whole pangolin thing.

whats the difference between qm2000 and qm2000 .net??

whats .net???

sorry for being slow
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

QM2000 is a pci card which is sorta tricky to fit in a laptop - so it is housed in its own box with other electronix and psu and connects to the host via ethernet

see - easy

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

ah i see, that simple

lol cheers
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

Congrats, Karl !!

I got seriously "PANGO'ed" myself just a couple of weeks before SELEM with the same setup - tres' cool !!

I really like the versatility with the QM2000.net box - a short piece of standard CAT 5 for direct connection to the laptop (no special crossover cable required), or hook it into a spare router port on the home LAN and run it from the desktop. AND, since the software is licensed to that particular QM2000.net box, installing the software in multiple locations is both acceptable and encouraged - and that's straight from Bill Benner!

May have to tinker with wireless next and see how that works...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Nice setup Karl, "Pango" will bring out all the lovely "Tango" oranges from the Banthai beast...

Try to get *some* sleep this weekend!