Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laserwave 25mm dichros

Thumbs up

Looks like that was a good investment! Glad to hear they worked out for you Doc.

Adam

Very nice results, how much did you pay for the edmunds dichro?

Now look for a new PBS to get your baby up to the 1,5W

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Very nice results, how much did you pay for the edmunds dichro?

Now look for a new PBS to get your baby up to the 1,5W
    Yes, that will be my next mission

The dichro cost £38 + vat + delivery so total was £52

I feel that it's only fair to mention that the Laserwave red dichro has almost zero losses (5mW< for transmit and reflect).

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Got my dichro's and mounts in yesterday, they look magnificent and have good build quality.

Only downside: The things are damn tall! Now I need to make shims for *all* of my other optics to raise them so they go through the centerline of the dichros... my green module has a beam aperture that is only 16mm from the floor and it hits my bottom galvo dead-on, but now it doesn't even hit the back of my dichro's since the mounts are in the way...

Well, at least it gives me a good excuse to practice machining some Aluminum.

Wat kind of galvo are you using to fit a 16mm beam hight? Normally these dichro's are the correct hight for standard galvos.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Wat kind of galvo are you using to fit a 16mm beam hight? Normally these dichro's are the correct hight for standard galvos.
    Some Chinese 20K scanner kit. The galvo's are OK, but the mounting blocks on the galvos are pretty low.

(And I was mistaken on the 16mm beam aperture, that's supposed to be 19.5mm, as the DPSS module is 39mm high and the beam exits dead center. Still, that's a long way from the 39mm I need to reach the dichro mount center.

I was thinking about making some Al shims which hold my optics in place, and are adjustable through a set of springs and set screws. I still need to fabricate the diode mounts anyway.