Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy 08-30-2008 !!!

Talking LaserBoy 08-30-2008 !!!

Wooooo Hooooo

This might not look like much of a difference, but BOY! I fixed a whole bunch of stuff. I also added some really neat new features! No it is not any easier to use. It's even more complicated!

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/LaserBoy_08_30_2008.zip

James.

Could you perhaps post a changelog

Probably the coolest thing I added was the new feature found in sub menu 'k' (draw color blank). Now you can convert blank lines between lit segments into BLACK LIT lines! Why would you want to do this? Well, consider something like a font. Many of the letters of a hollow font have more than one lit segment, like the letter B has an outline and two inner lined shapes. Now you can bond all of those segments together into one lit segment with black lines connecting the illuminated bits. So, when you apply an effect that finds the individual lit segments and moves them around, it will see the letter B as one thing, not three! The only way you can see the black lines is to change the color of the background of the application to something other than black. So you can [Tab] to the system settings and set the background color either by entering RGB values or a single gray scale value.

I also added some information to the vertex cursors. Now you can see the RGB values of whatever vertex either end of the selection cursors are sitting on.

I worked on what keys are still active in the sub menus and made sure that the help appears and disappears with the [Enter] key, etc, etc...

I also realized that zooming and panning in Z has no effect! Duh! All of the view stuff is a bit weird because it imposes math on the way you see the data, not the data itself. So, because you are looking at a 2D screen all it can do is 2D math!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-30-2008 at 11:10.

James what about line shader?. Basically it detects where line ends and makes that end fade to black. For example if line is green it goes darker darker darker and finally black. It's a part of pro lasershow max converters.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Talking LaserBoy 08-31-2008 !!!

I just uploaded a new version.

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...08_31_2008.zip

Added a new feature in menu 'h' (frame transforms).
    Option '0' (zero) is now a way to convert all of the black vertices to blank verticies in one step for final optimization. All options below '0' have been pushed down a letter.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    James what about line shader?. Basically it detects where line ends and makes that end fade to black. For example if line is green it goes darker darker darker and finally black. It's a part of pro lasershow max converters.
    Based on what? Z depth? I don't get it. Please explain more or show an example.

Thanks!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Based on what? Z depth? I don't get it. Please explain more or show an example.

Thanks!

James.
    No a little bit different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails explain.jpg  

You can kind-of do this already. If you make a drawing and you know where it begins and ends, you can span the palette through the vectors. If you choose "greens" as the palette. it will give you the effect you are looking for..... Good luck making any use of it though. I don't think there are any other programs out there that will open the ILDA file that has a palette defined in it and use it properly.

James.

What about DXF files?

What do you mean? You can save your laser art as DXF from LaserBoy, but DXF has a fixed palette and there are not that many shades of green.

James.