Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Laser projector... infos

Welcome Lorenzo!
    I'm from Italy too. Any need for advice, feel free to ask me!
    You'll find PL a very friedly community and in short time you'll learn everything you need to build your projector!

welcome and a good layout really depends on where you want what lasers.... the gallery is really the best bet for ideas... here a quick diagram to get you an idea...

there are the optics you would need for this layout and also if you wanted all the lasers lined up you could add a normal front surface mirror for the green to bounce off of and hit the dichros

hope that helps
    -Josh

The GB and GBR dichro’s both seem to pass red quite well (although I haven’t seen the transmission specs for them, so I'm not sure of the losses)
    So the other option for the layout is like this below, this way the beam passes through straight to the scanner and then bounces off at ninety degrees.

For my setup I’ll be adding a broadband mirror so all the lasers are all mounted the same way
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

thankyou so much for the infos! i'm looking around

I know layout opinions vary but for my own knowledge isn't it best to pass the green througth the 1st dicro (one that passes green reflects red or red / blue) so the laser order is green, red, blue or in other words, the colours that are the weakest are arranged so they have to pass through the least number of filters (dicros) and so suffer the least amount of loss?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    isn't it best to arrange it so the colours that are the weakest have to pass through the least number of filters (dicros) and so suffer the least amount of loss?
    Yeah, that's the general idea. Most people prefer to put the blue laser closest to the galvos so that the blue only has to make one bounce off a dichro. (dichros reflect better than they transmit) The idea is that blue photons are expensive, while green and red ones are cheap by comparison.

Also, typically you'll see the red laser in the middle, because compared to green, red is still more expensive - at least at higher power levels.

But if you already have your lasers, and you discover you've got an abundance of either red or blue, then there's nothing wrong with swapping the order of the lasers on your optical table. After all, we're normally talking about a 2 to 3 percent power loss when a beam passes through a dicrho. That's really not that much.

Adam

I thought to be the only italian surfing this forum, then suddendly many more are now "outing" (Yes, i know what usually means in english )
    Welcome aboard laseristi italiani