Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first Laser projector... infos

Default My first Laser projector... infos

Dear Guys,
    hi, I'm Lorenzo from Italy
    I'm new here... i have a moving head laser projector.. but i want to build up a new laser proj...

I want to build the case, the mountings and add lasers and optics...

i'm looking for a RGB 500mw... what do yuou think about? what kind of optical part did i need?

if someone can help me with infos or websites, i'm glad to him!

Regards
    Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

Welcome on the PL forum.
    You will find all the info you need here !!!

I't a really nice forum with alot of info if you are willing to look/study into the posts.

Alot of nice and helpfull people over here,
    And i have found out that english spelling isn't all that important :-)
    Thats nice for us NON english euro freaks :-)

Dear Anthony, Thankyou for your welcome....
    i was looking around but i cant see something interesting.. i hope that some one helps me

Rotterdam... wonderful place... i was there before the Dominator festival

Smile

Hi Lorenzo;

Welcome to PhotonLexicon! It sounds like you're thinking about a major project there... You mentioned that you already have a moving head laser projector; are you planning to make another one just like it, or did you have something else in mind?

Obviously, to build a projector you will need a set of scanners. You will also need 3 lasers (red, green, and blue), along with a set of dichros to combine the beams and some mounts to hold and adjust the dichros. You'll also need a thick metal plate to mount everything on. (Aluminum is best because it's lighter than steel.)

Then you'll need a case, some fans, an output window (preferably glass that has an anti-reflection coating), a few connectors and switches for the case, and a whole lot of time to assemble and test everything!

I assume you already have a controller to run the projector once you get it built? If not, then you'll need to buy a controller (and some software to go with it) to operate the projector.

For the lasers and scanners, I suggest you take a look at lasershowparts.com. It's an Australian company that deals with several different Chinese manufacturers. They have a wide variety of lasers and scanenrs to choose from. Best of all, the two people that run the company (Dave and Aijii) are members here on PhotonLexicon, so you can get *fast* answers when you have questions.

For the metal parts, you'll need to search your local area for ideas. Shipping heavy metal plates and cases gets really expensive, so it's best to buy those items locally.

As for the dichros and mounts, Laser-Wave has some *very* competitive prices on both. I think Stanwax (another member here) is selling Laser-Wave products now. He's located in the UK, so he can ship to you fairly easily. Also, the head sales representative / technicain for Laser-Wave (Bridge) is also a member here on PhotonLexicon, so he can answer any questions you may have about his products.

Have a look in the gallery and you'll find lots of pictures of people's projectors. (Each "album" opens up to reveal lots more pictures, and sometimes extra albums as well!) Some of our members have detailed photo records of the entire process of building their projectors. These pictures are a great way to get an overall plan in your head before you try to sketch out your own projector design.

Also, there is a wealth of information in the posts here. I know it's a lot of material to go through, but a weekend or two spend reading the older posts can *really* help you get up to speed on how to go about building a projector.

And don't be shy about posting. We don't care how you spell the words. As long as we can figure out what you are trying to say, we're OK! I didn't have any trouble understanding you. (Your English is certainly better than my Italian! )

Adam

Hello!

I speak American! I am always careful to spell check my posts, because I want to make sure that people who speak English as a second language will have a chance to at least look up words they might not recognize. Or, feed the whole thing into a translator.

Yes, you will find all the help you need here, but you should read a lot, before you ask a general question like "Can you help me make an RGB projector?" The answer to that question is YES!!! But we need to know exactly what you don't know yet.

James.

I have recently ordered dichros and mounts from mr Brigde :-)

Shipping was fast
    Products are extremely nice for the price!!!
    And Bridge is very helpfull and friendly.
    He always reply's fast to his emails.
    Its safe doing buisines with him....

I don't have experience with dave and aijii yet.
    I going to "test" them soon :-) wuahaha
    Need some nice scanners for a nice price.

dear guys, thankyou for your answers,

i know what i need... i love lasers and i read a lot online... i have laser software and ilda dac... for the components is not a problem... i sell laserwave optics and lasers... (if someone is interested... i'm here )

the main problem is:

what kind of case? are there some projects or photos online? my father has a mechanical industry i have no problems with metal

what kind of optics did i need?

what positioning of lasers, scanner and optics?

Thank you so much
    Regards
    Lorenzo

Thumbs up

Yes, my experiences with Bridge also have been all positive. I highly recommend LaserWave products. I have a 100 mW blue laser and one BS cube for red wavelength; both excellent quality

i know this... laserwave make good products... and i'm a official re-seller in europe of optics.. but i don't know exactly what kind of optics i need for building up a rgb projector....

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Obviously, to build a projector you will need a set of scanners. You will also need 3 lasers (red, green, and blue), along with a set of dichros to combine the beams and some mounts to hold and adjust the dichros.

As for the dichros and mounts, Laser-Wave has some *very* competitive prices on both. I think Stanwax (another member here) is selling Laser-Wave products now. He's located in the UK, so he can ship to you fairly easily. Also, the head sales representative / technicain for Laser-Wave (Bridge) is also a member here on PhotonLexicon, so he can answer any questions you may have about his products.

Have a look in the gallery and you'll find lots of pictures of people's projectors. (Each "album" opens up to reveal lots more pictures, and sometimes extra albums as well!) Some of our members have detailed photo records of the entire process of building their projectors. These pictures are a great way to get an overall plan in your head before you try to sketch out your own projector design.

Also, there is a wealth of information in the posts here. I know it's a lot of material to go through, but a weekend or two spend reading the older posts can *really* help you get up to speed on how to go about building a projector.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Yes, you will find all the help you need here, but you should read a lot, before you ask a general question like "Can you help me make an RGB projector?"
    Its all there!!!
    Take a look in the gallery.
    You wil see photo's of people cases and layouts.
    READ some of the topics...
    Recently there whas a topic with a nice projector with alot of build photo's and extremely nice wireing.

I don't get the other thing you were saying..
    Your are official LW optics dealer in europe but don't know what dichro's are and what type you need or how to lay them out in a projector?
    That must be an misunderstanding.