Thread: Any Web Programmers??

Default Any Web Programmers??

Hey guys-

Anyone good with Web Programming? All i need is something to password protect a web page. is this not as simple as i think it should be?

Any suggestions?

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I know php, but there might be easier ways to do this
    What exactly would you like to do?

Password protecting a directory is a built-in part of most web servers. You need to create a file called .htaccess in the folder and setup the proper directives in the configuration file for the server to look at that file for access information. In that file, will be instructions to look up a username and match it to a password, found in the password file named in this instruction.

What web server are you using?

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Password protecting a directory is a built-in part of most web servers. You need to create a file called .htaccess in the folder and setup the proper directives in the configuration file for the server to look at that file for access information. In that file, will be instructions to look up a username and match it to a password, found in the password file named in this instruction.

What web server are you using?

James.
    Nothing a little spoofing can't bypass

james, 4dee-

thanks very much!

james- you lost me with .htaccess and directives and all that fancy terminology. thank you very much for your response though.

4dee-

this is simply just for an order page on my website. so it can be logged onto by people responsible for my orders (laser orders and such). and make sure the orders and inventory is being fullfilled in a timeley manner. and that orders are answered immediately.

there is no secure information or anything displayed on the page. no account numbers or credit card #'s or anything like that. just names and order amounts. just thought it would be a good idea to keep it password protected.

if someone REALLY wanted to hack in and see where my orders are going and who ordered what, so be it. LOL. if thats what someone REALLY wants to put their hacking skills to test on...GREAT! lol.

Php and CGI scripts....it doesnt need to be all that fancy.

<edit>got it!!<edit>

Thanks! i guess the old "Ockhams Razor" theory is true.-

i downloaded a $20 program, set it up. spent 6 minutes doing the password page, and BOOM- DONE!

"With all things being equal......The simplest solution is USUALLY the best!!"

thanks again for your guys input though.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems