Thread: Sweet 16

Default Sweet 16

We have a show coming for a 16 year old girl. And it'll be a big one. My brain if fried because of the present dance lasershow I'm working on. I have no idea what is good for this occasion. Any idea?. No I don't really need files. I can make them myself. What I need is an advise. !

Thanx
    Alex
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Maybe some text and/or animations with sweet 16 in it or soemthing, i'm not all that creative to be honest :x

May I ask what you use to create .ild files? Once I get my USB sound card i'll be needing one. I tried traceit, but I dont have a FB3, which it appears the software needs, to run.

If you're getting a USB sound card and you plan on buying or building a LaserBoy Correction Amp, then you would obviously want to take a look at the LaserBoy application!

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/

It is what Dr Laser has been using for a while to convert his animations made in Illustrate to ILDA.

James.

try and find out what the girls favourite band is and do a show to match one of there hits - thats bound to go down well
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Talking

Take lots of video at the party for us old pervs...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Ponies, Bratz, High School Musical....

Mind you, asking a bunch of middle aged men what 16 year old girls like is just asking for some dodgy answers.

Smile

Amazon offers this helpful information. Looking down the list, I think I'm going to vomit. Marilyn Manson, Vanessa Carleton, The Doors, and the friggin' Lion King soundtrack? Damn, talk about being all over the map!

Just put it on shuffle play and hope for the best!

Adam

I'd ask her or her parents what her favorite artists are (her preferably) and also any subjects she likes eg. horses, etc. This will then give you both a clue to the music and the graphics.

Get it wrong muscially or embarass her in front of her friends with things she considers too young for her like My Little Pony or Barbie and she'll never forgive you!!!

I'd have thought at that age, provided her parents don't object and they're not too racy, you could have a graphic scene of a boyfriend travelling to pick her up in a car then driving her to a disco where they get out, go in start dancing together then maybe leave the dance scene running and eventually cut to a beam show when the music changes or after a pre-set time.

Key thing here is no dirty dancing or could be angry parent chasing you down the lawn with a gun!

Other graphics could consider for random introduction during the night might be things like the dancing baby or nature scenes eg birds dolphins etc. Its really going to depend on the music. Dolphins and thrash metal aren't going to work as well as trance and dolphins for example. You going to have to find out her musical tastes then work it to fit.

I will collect my fee later!

Hey James, I am intending to buy a bare PCB, but paypal is being a @$$hole right now

I would suggest that you also get one of those little DC/DC converters from me too. That part might be a bit hard to find. I just got 30 more of them.

All the rest of the bits are quite common.

PM me!

Right now, I am waiting on a package that should contain two different kinds of USB sound devices. One is fully 8 channel and the other is supposed to be supported by every version of Windows, Mac OS and Mac OSX. I'm hoping that if it works in Mac OSX, it will also work in Linux!

I'll let you all know!

James.