Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RGB club - new member! :P

The main drawback of FB3 is that you would be in breach of the licence if you were to use it to perform commercially with the system.
    Then buy the Evaluation kit which allows free use. I think it was £50 more than the LA Freak package when i got mine.

Majorlee and EVERYONE else. again, i am in NO WAY putting the hobbyist projector down or saying theyre terrible or youre terrible for purchasing them!
    Actually hobbyist should not buy already made projectors in the first place.
    Because by making them yourself you learn so much. Buying premade projector is like getting a magician black box...There could a rabbit inside or there could be a dead rat. Don't gamble. Buy a set of lasers from respectable laser manufacturers CNI/LaserWave get a set of well known galvos and a set of dichros from known manufacturer: Edmound/Thorlabs...Laserwave etc. Trust me you will save a tons of money in the long run. Also another recomendation..."Save and buy" don't "buy and save".
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    ...600 mw concerns me a little.
    Is this rating before or after optics?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Dunno mate. It's Majorlee's projector.
    I was just expressing concern that Laserworld tend to be a bit dodgy when it comes to labelling their products.

Exclamation

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why people do not understand that when they want to do get quality, they have to pay.
    You can't get new Porche for price of Skoda! And If someone tells you so, than he lies!

IF YOU BUYING FROM PROFESSIONALS, YOU GET PROFESSIONAL STUFF.

If you want to be a guy sitting in little room with loads of tool enjoying messing around with laser parts and you actually enjoy building and re-building more than lighting, FINE! (That is how I am with computers and it is fun).

BUT if you want to do PRO-LIGHTING than I doubt that you can ever put similar level of engineering, knowledge and skill into your laser projector as proper companies (that probably is because lasers are bit more complicated than computers...it is like you would want to build your own laptop).

Whereas I agree with you in principle Pelosh, thats fine if you have money.

As for buying a Skoda vs a Porsche, yes the Porsche will offer a better car for the money, however that doesn't mean that the Skoda should fail to meet its claims specs.

If you'd care to swop my Skoda projector for a Porsche: http://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5509, as a gesture of Kvant goodwill, I would be very grateful. I'll also write a beautiful review and fix you up with a very good deal on some display fireworks.
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-10-2008 at 05:29.

All I am saying is that if you spend few pounds on laser you should not moan whatever happens, because it is quite clear that you going to buy rubbish.
    And even laser pointer does the purpose..it is a laser!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I hardly think that over 2,000 Euros is "a few pounds".
    And if something is advertised with a particular specification then it should meet that specification regardless of whether you have spent 2 Euros or 2,000 Euros.

Majorlee appears to be suffering the same fate as other customers of Laserworld in that he has paid out for something that is below spec.

He may have paid Skoda money but he's been stitched up with a Trabant !!

Yes, you are right!
    I agree.

Missleading is bloody wrong, but unfortunately quite common, especially in laser industry.

I thing you can get to the jail for this in the UK or pay VERY high fines!