Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RGB club - new member! :P

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Arrow

Here in the UK we have Trading Standards who will chase up any wrong doers (sometimes).
    In Majorlee's case, both he and Laserworld are based in Germany so I suspect different laws will apply.

But as of this moment they have his money and he has their laser (whatever the spec) so the best thing to come of this thread is if someone Googles "Laserworld" and we get a hit, possibly forewarning any potential buyers about what they may be getting themselves into if they consider buying from Laserworld, i.e. you probably won't get what you pay for.

(Bold added for Robots)

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why people do not understand that when they want to do get quality, they have to pay.
    You can't get new Porche for price of Skoda! And If someone tells you so, than he lies!

IF YOU BUYING FROM PROFESSIONALS, YOU GET PROFESSIONAL STUFF.

If you want to be a guy sitting in little room with loads of tool enjoying messing around with laser parts and you actually enjoy building and re-building more than lighting, FINE! (That is how I am with computers and it is fun).

BUT if you want to do PRO-LIGHTING than I doubt that you can ever put similar level of engineering, knowledge and skill into your laser projector as proper companies (that probably is because lasers are bit more complicated than computers...it is like you would want to build your own laptop).

Most of us are poor little bustards with a budget. This forum is basically dedicated to this type of people. I very doubt that people who can afford to drop 40k USD in one shot will go here. But strangely they do come here. I guess it is a paradox
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Than I am sorry that as a poor bastard I worked for 2 years 18 hours a day to be able to buy proper machine and then registred here.

So the laws in Germany are on my side

advertising a product is like a contract so i will get what was advertised since i paid the money for it! otherwise the german trading standards will hit laserworld with a huge fine and shut down there business if found to be doing lots of naughtys

and pelosh just because you buy something that does not mean you should be ripped off - i think u mean buying a porsche and finding out u got 2nd hand skoda parts inside, i believe this is a better analogy

2k euros is still a lot of money to me but i realise in laser terms it does not go far - but i still expect to get the deal i want even if it means some time out to go rectify things properly
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

That is exactly right! You SHOULD not be ripped off!
    And that 2k euros is lots of money....well, tell ME about it!

In any case, FIGHT! and good luck!

Yeah I'm going to do the same Pelosh if mine comes out sub spec. I'm going to arrange to have it checked and shoot high definition video of the checks provided the person doing them is agreeable to this.

Unfortunately for Laserworld, in the UK the Law changed in May this year - its now a criminal offence with UNLIMITED FINE and up to 2 YEARS IN PRISON to misdescribe or mislead a consumer in the UK in ANY WAY and it applies to companies trading into the UK as well as UK based as I understand it. It rules out basically every single sharp practice or misdescription either specifically or through the catch all provision also included. As it was brought it through an EC Wide Directive, I doubt there will be anywhere to hide in Germany!

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/pdf...0081277_en.pdf

I'll have mine checked and if below power, I'm going to ask them to send me replacement modules that meet the correct spec so they can be swapped out.

Otherwise I might just be visiting by local police station with a complaint about fraud.

I met up with Jem today and we tested my laser with a Coherent meter.

All is OK. Laserworld delivered on their promises to me.

Best reading we had was 120mw Green, 557mw Red = 677mw total!!!

Worst was 115mw Green and 489mw Red = 604mw total!!!

So its well within spec. and at the top end.

Looks like you might have been unlucky, Majorlee.

Only bad thing is the beam spec on the red is poor, probably 50% loss inside the projector due to beam width. That said the green is very tight.

Many thanks to Jem for his help.

great news mate

makes me feel a little better to know ur ok pal - i'm off to pay laserworld a friendly a visit 2moro!!!

so did u measure from the individual units themselves? or from the beam after the optics and scanners?
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

The mesaurements were taken straight from the units from several centimetres in front of the diode but before the dichros.

How did you get on at Laserworld?