Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't buy maxyzmodules

I think steve-o's post is something to consider. Maybe service was good in the past but if the guy is having back or other problems and can't live up to his end of the business deal then perhaps it is a good idea to stop buying from him until he sorts it out.

hello
    i do not post alot most time i just read but i know steve-o would not post this if he had not tried to sort things out. i have had 2 of the units and both units have died in less than 10 hrs of use i also had to get others involed to get the frist fixed so if any one here would like my dead maxy
    you can get it cheap maybe you can getit fixed.

Lightbulb

You see. Try KVANT!

What does any of this have to do with a part of the Russian Space Station?

James.

I'm awaiting Chucks return also, I sent him payment months ago for a analog red
    module and haven't recieved anything yet. He has'nt returned any of my e-mails
    or phone calls either. I believe he will make it good at some point so I'll just wait it
    out.

I think there is a big difference between stealing or cheating and being unrresponsive due to medical reasons.

My take on the situation is that if he hasnt posted to defend himself here then there is something more wrong rather then just trying to rip a customer off. If he is laid up in bed for medical reasons then he probably deserves a little patience but to leave people with out any form of contact is a tough. I guess that we should just hope for the best but if he is unresponsive for a long time then it might approiate for somebody to drop by. Make sure that everything is in order as much as it can be and possibly a PL get well card?

Thank you, this thread has been moved to "Issue" thread please.
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-02-2008 at 16:52.

Arrow

Chuck was having problems with his back at this time last year. In fact, I believe his surgery was in September of last year. Since that time he's been very hard to get in touch with, but he has been back to work for several months now.

I can understand Steve-O's frustration. After all, it's been a year since the operation, and new buyers on E-bay are still getting their diodes in a matter of weeks. It would seem that Steve-O is one of the customers that has simply been forgotten. Regardless of whether Chuck is still hurting from his back surgery or not, it's still up to Chuck to do something about the backlog.

If you're in business and you can't keep up with all your customers (no matter what the reason), you either find someone else to run the business for you for a while, or you refund people's money and put the business on hold until you can handle it yourself.

I get the feeling that Chuck has been trying to do everything by himself, and it's not working. I know that Maxine was handling the E-bay sales for a while, but I don't know if that's still the case. Maybe she doesn't have any additional time to help out with other tasks.

Bottom line, I think Chuck may be in over his head at this point. But that by itself isn't the problem. Everyone can get behind. The problem is his lack of communication, and a persistent failure to see that his absence is causing serious harm to his reputation.

I've mentioned this to Chuck a few times in the past, and he has always assured me that he's working on the backlog. Also, I have to admit that over the last year there were two times that I was waiting for something from him, and both times he did come through eventually. But not everyone can be so patient.

Chuck, if you're listening, I think it's time to either catch up on the backlog or start refunding people's money. Some of the folks here have been waiting for 6 months or longer. That's just not good business.

Adam

i never saw this thread... i'm waiting on my modules i sent back for repair and already paid for the repair on. He e-mailed and said they were done...but never got um... and i've tried contacting him several times over the last month and a half about it.

Marconi self explained his situation in this thread:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4794
    I also got into trouble with him, getting my red something like 2 month after ebay order.
    I hope he is understanding that even thru financial problems, communication is fundamental.
    It is sad that his reputation is going into dust just because he is too embarassed to answer that he cannot respect the orders at the moment.
    His reds are the modules with the best beam specs on the market, so I suggest him to come out of the woods and answer (no matter how) to his customers (and friends) here on PL