Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't buy maxyzmodules

I've been waiting nearly a year for my 3 watt red and sdl820 driver and a dual maxy. Very expensive items that I desperately need.

My back is knackered too.

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

i got a response saying mine were fixed and he thought he shipped them out and then saw them on the table a bit later and said they were going out that day. Month and a half later nothing and no response. I need to get my projector back together... Mines in a large nightclub. Had to rent one for Tiesto and would like to get up and running before Armin Van Buurin on the 30th of this month! I would hate to rent again when I already own a setup!

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    i got a response saying mine were fixed and he thought he shipped them out and then saw them on the table a bit later and said they were going out that day. Month and a half later nothing and no response. I need to get my projector back together... Mines in a large nightclub. Had to rent one for Tiesto and would like to get up and running before Armin Van Buurin on the 30th of this month! I would hate to rent again when I already own a setup!
    What? You use such small lasers with names like that? Surely it must be really hard to see those lasers with all the other light going on. I wouldn't dare doing lasers for them with anything short of several >1W 532nm lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    What? You use such small lasers with names like that? Surely it must be really hard to see those lasers with all the other light going on. I wouldn't dare doing lasers for them with anything short of several >1W 532nm lasers.
    He's in the UK so were probably talking audience scanning which would explain why he doesn't go for huge powers - it makes the risks easier to handle and it makes it easier to keep an entire show within MPE limits due to cumulative effects. It the UK as in a lot of Europe Audiences expect to be scanned more or less all night so breaks tend to be short. High powers would make it difficult to stay within MPE therefore.

Often all the other lighting will almost go out entirely for pure laser only scans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlPq2...eature=related

Scans are quiet intense from 1/2 way onwards in here, no other lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhJck...eature=related

im in the usa... i have 300mw of 532nm and 500mw of 650nm . The laser cuts just fine through the lightshow. I dont want it to dominate but be part of the show. We have 24 martin mac250,s 12 clay paky golden scan III's , 16 trackspots by high end and two 300mw moving yoke lasers, 26 dataflash, and other assorted lights.. the laser cuts fine though... big room...2000+ capacity
    http://www.youtube.com/v/CW-61cw34f8&rel=1
    Last edited by jsalopeck; 09-05-2008 at 04:49.

The $1000 blue that Bridge gave him for a life-test... Have we heard a word ??
    Truth is always truth, I don't want to say anything, time will improve all things. my last received PM from him is the time he back, and told me the laser still burning on, but I am sure all of you would like know how about the laser working.

Hi Bridge
    Sorry, I didnt get back to you sooner.
    I just wanted you to know that after over 4000hrs on the blue laser its still going good.
    The output has dropped to about 70mW from the 95mW but still pretty sweet.
    As soon as things get better around here I will post my results.
    the oringal threads is here :
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3577
    I don't want to hurry the man who had some health problems will do test often for us.I only wish someone will like a man stand up and tell us he will deal his customers problems soon, although I am not buying any red lasers.
    Chuck, wish you will see all your friens words and keep you good reputations.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Last edited by bridge; 09-04-2008 at 07:35.
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    im in the usa...
    Ah, there's an area called Cleveland in the UK, hence the confusion.

I tell you what guys, If I really felt like stepping in, I could put a trashing down on Chuck with all the proof in the world since I document everything.

I have had chronic back pain for the last 12 years to the point a doctor has prescribed cortisone shots for it. Sure it can give you some bad days but should not cause a problem like we are seeing.

This really sucks. I wanted to get one of these red dealy-Os!

From everything I've read, seen and heard, these are the ones to have.

Bummer.

So now who's got the best red?

James.

Cool

Not to let the cat out of the bag *too* early, but I'm working with a PL member right now to get a limited production run of some 200 mw 635 nm reds for a good price. (And possibly some more powerful ones too!) The beam quality will be comparable to the Maxyz modules, but being as they're 635 nm, they'll be about 5 times as bright to the human eye.

Details to follow in mid October, or earlier if I can beat my partner with a stick! (He really doesn't want to do this, but after reading the specs I decided that it's *got* to be worth his while - if only because there's so much demand for a 635 nm red laser with decent beam specs.) OK - I admit that I have an ulterior motive... I want to buy one too!

Adam