Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy 09-01-2008 !!!

Talking LaserBoy 09-01-2008 !!!

Here it is!

EDIT: not quite... keep reading!

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/LaserBoy_09_01_2008.zip

I talked to buffo on the phone for a couple of hours, the other night, going over some of the stuff LaserBoy can do. (We still didn't get to any of the really good stuff yet! ) He pointed out some weird behavior and asked a bunch of good questions.... So here are the results of that conversation. Now gray or black is never a match when doing a best color match to the target palette. If either gray or black would be the mathematical best match, the color chosen is white. Also... found a few bugs in the palette re-coloring routines and fixed them.

Thanks man! Until next time!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 09-04-2008 at 10:03.

Hi James,
    Is it necessary to open a new thread for each update?
    I'm not trying to discourage you from further development, I've just noticed that the majority of threads in this sub-forum (15 or so) are about laserboy. Maybe you could just post in the same thread and adjust the thread title ...

Apart from that, nice work. I like to use laserboy for flash to ilda conversions (flash > dxf export > laserboy )

Yep Buffo is right about some color matching issues. I was thinking it wasn't a bug but a service
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

It was a good phone call! He was really into it and all over it. He kept wanting to think way ahead of me! I bet his teachers loved him when he was a kid!

Looking forward to the next session.

James.

Flash to ILDA would be nice. DXF is basically a text file when Flash really isn't. I don't know. Actually James did you figured out why ILDA of Laserboy can't be opened on Mamba or Pangolin properly.? I know they didn't followed ILDA standart but can it be adapted in Laserboy so ILDAs can be opened properly everywhere...or you already done it?!?

As far as why ILDA files don't open properly in Mamba or Pangolin.... I don't know. I don't have any way of testing this either. Would you like to help me work it out?

Maybe we could ask Bill to try to open a LaserBoy generated ILDA file in his software and he can tell us what is going on.

I'd sure like to know. I'd be glad to put exceptions or extensions to my ILDA output for those cases.

James.

I know why your format 3 files don't open because I looked into it when I found they wouldn't open in Spaghetti. But, your other files open just fine for me. Your format 3 implementation is simply different than what the latest standard defines.

Does anyone knows the new ILDA file format specs so James can finally make everything standard?

We already went through that. I sent James the standards but he does not want to implement the latest standards because he thinks they are stupid or something like that.

Ah, the memories!

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4442

This goes on and on, but it's all in there.

I think I made my point.

It was fun to finally meet Patrick Murphy, the executive director of ILDA!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 09-18-2008 at 15:28.