Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red laser with good beam ?

Default Red laser with good beam quality ?

Can anyone tell me where I can get a medium power red laser with good beam quality? (no gas, no 671 (too dark))
    Last edited by FourDee; 09-02-2008 at 23:18.

When you find it let us know......

Ray

Question

Ehm...what do you mean? What is medium power and what w-lenght and what is in your opinion good beam quality?
    Sorry for so many questions, I just got confused.
    Nice day!

Laser-wave sells 635nm modules for pretty cheap, and seem to have good beam specs, they also have high powered 650's, which are cheaper, but I dont know about the beam specs. Maybe I could ask bridge if he'd let me do a review on one.

I was kinda asking a similar question with my "Buying Red" thread http://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5124 and the conclusion I came to was that unless you’re prepared to pay 2 - 3 times (at a minimum) more than that of the typical 635nm (CNI, laserwave, lasever) you just not going to find anything in the hobby market.

There are vendors like Medialas (that I think was quoted at around 1100 euro) and KVANT that state nice beam spec's but I haven't seen any comments on real life performance.

So for a hobby projector you’re probably going to be using flashlight for red
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Ehm...what do you mean? What is medium power and what w-lenght and what is in your opinion good beam quality?
    Sorry for so many questions, I just got confused.
    Nice day!
    650 , 642 or 635, as long as the beam specs are good

I've been looking into the Swisslas modules, but it's 1200 euros for 400mW of 642, that's a bit more than i can afford right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Laser-wave sells 635nm modules for pretty cheap, and seem to have good beam specs, they also have high powered 650's, which are cheaper, but I dont know about the beam specs. Maybe I could ask bridge if he'd let me do a review on one.
    I've got a REALLY good quote on a 1W cni 650, but the beam is 8mm*5mm at the aperture with 3mrad divergence. I know a way to half the beam width, but this still leaves me with a 4mm*5mm beam with 3mrad

I think i will go for the 1W CNI, and try to get as much on my galvo's as i can, for the price i can afford to loose some. Maybe I can even use a limiting aperture in the beam to get a round profile to match my blue and green.

See if David from Lasever can help you
    Viasho 532nm 1000mw green laser module USD1680
    Viasho 532nm 2000mw green laser module USD3800
    Lasever 473nm 20mw blue laser module USD320
    Lasever 473nm 50mw blue laser module USD515

http://cgi.ebay.com/532nm-1000mw-gre...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/473nm-50mw-dpss-...QQcmdZViewItem

Default make one your self

make your own thats what i did and ended up with 550mw of 658nm and this is the best bit 0.3mrd divergence and have enough space to fit two more diodes cost me $250 to build plus a few hours of my time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00207.JPG  

Last edited by badger1666; 09-03-2008 at 10:11. Reason: forgot somthing

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    make your own thats what i did and ended up with 550mw of 658nm and this is the best bit 0.3mrd divergence and have enough space to fit two more diodes cost me $250 to build plus a few hours of my time
    Some of us are... un proficient in the needed skills to create a beauty like that...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

What's hard about it? He's got 4 lasers and some mirrors mounted on a piece of metal. Seriously, a little work is involved but anyone should be able to tackle something like that if they try.