Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser FINALE - 1,161 heads are better than 1 - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Possibly flame cannons situated around the venue that fire flames up in the air, they can look spectacular. They look even more spectacular if you get them too close to anything flammable

Hire four cherry pickers, one on each corner fully extended creating a square, suspend a large scrim between them (horizontal) and fire your lasers onto it with some nice graphics/abstracts. This would appear to be floating above the audience's heads once it got dark. Or you could suspend some vertical scrims around the venue and project laser 'fireworks' onto them, add a bit of smoke here and there for extra effect.

If I think of anything else i'll be back

Jem
    This is what I'd suggest. Suspend a large scrim across the street (you might be able to avoid cherry pickers if you can find suitable mounting points, eg telegraph (not electricity) poles (get permission) and steer clear of the lines, then use full colours lasers to project graphics, then for the finale laser fireworks which could be syncronised in Pangolin with firework booms delivered through a very powerful sound sysem. Jem's suggestion of flame cannons is also a geat idea.

If you can get the lights turned off, if its not that dim, preferably legally (we all know of the laser pen vs photocell trick) then obviously this will help.

There was a good example of some laser fireworks on a Youtube video but I can't find it at the moment.

Having said that, I'd also see about appealing the fireworks ruling and look for precedents in other events where it has been permitted. You really need to examine the reasons for the rejection and see how they can best be challenged. Maybe there's a lawyer in the neighbourhood who'd take up the cause for free for his neighbours?

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    we all know of the laser pen vs photocell trick
    I didn't, but I do now

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'm not in any way endorsing this, just posting for educational purposes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbt3Ih8yAcI

Hey, 'Yobresal' is a PL member

Oh, and I now consider myself 'educated', thank you

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

yeah i think a screen type thing on above everyone is your best bet.. hopefully that will be do able!
    -Josh

Ok , thanks , current discussions including confetti cannons and low niose Stage Pyro with flame thrower units , also possible C02 cannons ....... to end the event .... I think the logistics of a large screen , both in erecting and being weather dependant (in terms of wind ) is not really feasible , we could use our exisitng small screen just 2m square but i think it would look a bit mickey mouse for this event .

Any further ideas appreciated

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

ive always thought of lasers as a way to make a show much better.....

but not a way to make a show....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You obviously haven't attended one of the meets then.

Hire a DLP projector and waterscreen and mount it inside a large truck which will help shield it from the wind. I doubt it would cost more than a shed load of display fireworks would have.

Ministry.sk do shome very nice shows using a combination of water screens, DLP and lasers although they do audience scan.

You could perhaps use some green Yags overhead. I'm not sure what you could do for visibility outside for the Yags, but I'm sure there are some ways you could improvise smoke rather than trying to produce it from a smoke machine at an impossible rate, maybe some ash can fires in a corderned off area upwind of the truck that the smoke blows over the top of the display area rather than through it, with something added to help produce some light smoke eg a little light oil or some wet leaves?

Or for ultimate safety, why not some white smoke bombs or white smoke signalling flares set off out of sight upwind just before the Yags are swicthed on each time?

Example of some Ministry work using water screen projections:

Right click and "Save as" as 89mb.

http://www.rt-laser.sk/photos/Video-skalica-v-k.wmv

You could even put a scrim across the back of the truck and project onto that:

139mb:

http://www.rt-laser.sk/photos/Blava-Saeco.wmv
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-08-2008 at 00:21.

Paul, make up some free punch and put a sheet of microdots in it. People will see the most dazzling display or colours and you wont have to lift a finger.

No, I really like the Screen idea. Or perhaps a wall of water if you have that to hand?

Just how much money do you have at your disposal?

Graham