Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can cause this ??

Smile What can cause this ??

Hi All,

Wanted help from you guys(once again ) to know the possible reason for the following beahviour observed :-

Whenever i try to see the source or beam originating from the scanner mirrors of my projector,it gives a blinding effect(by blinding i dont mean damaging the eyes in literal sense)or lets say very uncomfortable for the eyes to see it.That too even when i am not in the line of path of the pattern being formed.

I will try to explain it in terms of the pic i have attached here.

As you can see the pattern is being formed on left side in refence to the center of the projector.Now the XXXXX denoted in the pic is my position from where i am trying to see the originating point of the beams(At 5 metres away from the projector).This position is actually the central line of axis of the projector scan area.
    Since i am out of line of beam pattern i should be able to see the source without any irritation to my eyes(as i have seen with some other brands of laser projectors available with my friends) but that does not happen for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0385.jpg  

Last edited by elvis; 09-03-2008 at 22:56.

I think you forgot to attach the pic, but all I can say, is are you trying to view the beams origin, but are getting alot of light in your eye's, even though its not near the beam? If so, it could possibly just be speckle, which is common in most lasers.

is your laser more powerful than the ones you are comparing it to?
    i know that with 150mw of green hitting the exposed mirrors on top of my beam box,i get shine if i look at mirror level.
    once it's up on it's stand the glare is above eye level.

i.m.h.o. it's just bright and eyes will react to it.
    as i said,my mirrors are exposed.
    perhaps you need an anti glare aperture filter.

Default optics

hi just give all your optics a good clean including the lens on the front of your laser , i have had this problem and it went away after cleaning

Cool

You're getting some splash from the mirrors on your scanners. It's pretty common with cheaper mirrors, though dust or dirt on the mirror will cause it as well. Basically, the light is being partially scattered by the mirror instead of being completely reflected in a tight beam.

Give them a good cleaning. If that doesn't solve the problem, then you're stuck with it unless you want to install new mirrors and re-tune your galvos afterwards.

Adam

Yeah, dirty mirrors!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks members for your help.
    As most told dat it may be due to dirty mirrors I have only managed to clean it softly using a tissue paper(dont know if its sufficeint amount of claening) as i dont have the expertise to completely open the projector and clean the mirrors properly and then retune them.

But it didint help the cause,infact from the very first day of purchase
    i am having to bear with this problem,so maybe its got something to do with bad quality of mirrors.

Is it possible now to rectify this problem by means of adding some filters or other optics(antiglares) after the laser beam output from scanners.Again as i told i dont have the expertise to replace the mirrors with new ones.
    Last edited by elvis; 09-04-2008 at 21:06.

try a fine micro fiber cloth tissue will not do.
    -Josh

Hi!
    Now that we're speaking of cleaning optics...
    What should I use to clean galvo mirrors and dichros? Should I look for a specific product or it can be done with a generic glass cleaner one?

All the best!

Giovanni

Be careful with some of those glass cleaners, since the mirrors are surface coated, its ALOT easier to screw them up! You can try one of those micro fibre clothes, or pen, they should work.