Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rupert Morse laser shows

Oh yeah. Who needs RGB when you have a big argon and a huge beam table? Definitely an epic beamshow there. This was about a year before I first met Rupert. I already had this video and when watching it sometime later spotted Rupert setting up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I did a New Years show in 2006 with Rupert... He taught me a lot, great guy....
    He said he was working all over the place for LCI at the time... Haven't seen him since...

Mark
    How did you get hooked up with Rupert for this show?

I wonder if he was based at Stoke. There used to be a massive rave club there called Fantazia that people used to go to from countrywide. I wonder if its the same place / organised by the same people?

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    How did you get hooked up with Rupert for this show?
    I used to do shows at the Tidy Weekenders for a company called Laser Attraction, who had a very nice 30watt Coherent Innova 400 (Lovely bit of kit once you have finished lugging it around and getting it running). They used quite a few different people and there would always be two or three operators at each event... On the New Years eve they were doing a couple of events and decided for the Weekender it was me and Rupert.. Had no idea who he was at the time, but after a weekend working with him, he is an unforgettable character... Real good laugh and a mine of good information....

I have about four hours of video from that night, I might be able to pull out some of the best bits if I get time...

Mark

Did a few gigs with Attraction a few years back. Remember the Coherent being used at Brixton Acadeny. Also had a few go's with their CuBr. I really want one of those.

That's interesting... I did a fair few at Brixton with the I400 and a couple at Koko in Camden (Old Camden Palace) with the Copper Vapour... You never know, we might have worked together at some point...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    wow there is some cool stuff in that link! someone should post videos of these shows!
    I took a video of all of them but the last one... that one is corrupt. I will try to edit the audio in this weekend and get it on the FTP.

awesome thanks!
    -Josh

Awesome shows! Thanks for posting! I put up some scrim the other night and the beam/graphics show was definitely awesome. I'll have to post a couple of those on YouTube.
    Thanks Again!
    Adam

Lightbulb

Here is a link to the FTP for a video of two of the shows, I think 4 songs.

ftp://ftp.ildaswap.net/ilda/Rupert%2...er%20shows.wmv

It is 121 megs and has a SELEM flavor to is.