Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Lasers Combined?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Your galvo mirrors aren't coated for UV, I think you'll loose tons there
    405nm is just above UV in the visible spectrum, (UV is 400nm and below) though although some elements of UV are probably there due to that being the centre of the wavelength rather than the sum total. To me any loss of UV is a good thing as UV's not good for the eyes although clubs do have huge UV cannons for creating glow. Wonder how laser uv compares to high power tube uv in intensity?

Cool

I think the cameras used for those videos are the reason for the brightness you see.

I've played with blue ray diodes, and I can tell you from personal experience that the blue is so far into the violet that it's very hard to focus on the spot! Our eyes aren't really designed to see that far into the spectrum.

Having said that, I still plan to do some experiments to see what kind of color blends I can get. But it's on the back burner for now - lots of other projects to finish first!

Adam

Once power and price is close to what the red DVD diodes go for I might experiment. You know in a couple of years or less they will be dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Once power and price is close to what the red DVD diodes go for I might experiment. You know in a couple of years or less they will be dirt cheap.
    405nm are dirt cheap - around $130 for a 150mw complete with PSU:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/405nm-150mw-Bl...d=p3286.c0.m14

Or completed projectors for a little more:

$190 laser crab: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLU-RAY-LASER-...QQcmdZViewItem

$400 projector: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blu-Ray-Blue-V...QQcmdZViewItem

(I have no connection to any of these sellers, nor do I recommend or not recommend them).

EDIT: Just read the projector text, he is using special mirrors as ordinary mirrors don't reflect enough of the 405 apparently.

We have seen some Blu ray projectors, and we have seen it make no sense to make a RGV projector be because 150mW 405 is very dim.

But did someone allready mixed 405 and 473 together? I'm looking forward to see pictures of this.

a 150mw 405nm diode is $18 shipped
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

But will a 473nm polarizing cube do the job?

They are only $30, but how much loss of 405 on the cube and galvo mirrors.

Lightbulb

There is probably a dichro out there that will work, 405 to 473 is a nice strech to work with; otherwise a PBS should work. I would look up the specs for a PBS for both to see which has the least loss for the other wavelength.