Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjustable Beam Divergency - HOW??

Had anyone tried a CCTV lens? in a CCTV lens there are allready 2 adjustable lenses in a housing, and if you us a Auto iris lens you also get a free mechinical (low laser power) beamshutter.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

neos used to make a "beambrush" , a cambridge galvo based unit that can select a series of 4 different lenses for different beam sizes at 30K pps, it went before the scanner head. There is a patent on that, and there was another widget before that patented using a lens on a moving coil. This was early 90s.

my pangolin qm32 supports beambrush!

old news,

steve roberts

Here is a site that sells a range of concave lenses for $1. They're all 50mm wide with focal lengths of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, and 100 cm. There's no AR-coating obviously; It'll only pass 85-90% depending on wavelength.

Yes... strange that a christian book store would sell optics

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xytrell View Post
    Here is a site that sells a range of concave lenses for $1. They're all 50mm wide with focal lengths of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, and 100 cm. There's no AR-coating obviously; It'll only pass 85-90% depending on wavelength.

Yes... strange that a christian book store would sell optics
    not so strange if you think some of them may be for home made eye glasses, though I'd hate to meet a myope driving a car that needs 5 cm

OH, now I get it, progressive Christian homeschooling needs physics and telescopes, ie they admit Galieo was right but would not consider that Darwin might have been observing God's plan for adaptive error correction. Excuse my sarcasm. If you dont get what I'm talking about its "water under the bridge" ancient religious history. And yes I belive in God.

OH, yes, some laser content:

go look at US Patent # 5,621,561

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-06-2008 at 20:53.