Thread: What power does the spectra physics 2020 series take?

Default What power does the spectra physics 2020 series take?

I was under the impression it required three phase 220V but the conductor colors in this ebay listing suggest otherwise. The seller also claims the power needed is single-phase. I see L1 L2 and L3 on the front of the supply. Since when does red-black-white-green denote three-phase?

Cool

The color of the wire is irrelevant. The faceplate shows 3 phase power, and given the size of the tube, I'd be amazed if you could run it off single phase power. My guess is that they used standard off-the-shelf #8-4 to wire the pig tail. Thus the red, black, white, green color scheme.

Bottom line: the listing is probably wrong. It most likely requires 3 phase 208 to run.

Adam

This laser has been listed many times before and its just a usual surplus house who 'claims' to know nothing about it or be able to test it which to me means lazy idiot to be steered well clear of.
    I would not touch it with a barge pole unless its $20 and they drop it off for you.
    Note the 15W in the title and the power meter reading 10W - its not rocket science!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Oh, I wasn't planning on buying it. I already have a large argon. I just wondered about the conductor colors. Thanks!