Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some bad news!

Default Some bad news!

ok ive been a right idiot tonight and im now going to pay badly for it!

i am in the process of fixing someones scanner. Had a red module going into the galvo mirros but the galvos wernt on.

i had a bit of card on top of the gavlo block to stop the beam going everywhere, the card come off and the beam hit me right in the eye.

i now have a very bad dot in my eye, its been there for 4 hours and its not going.

on a black or really dark surface i cant see it, but on a bright surface i can really see it.

thing arent looking good, im going to try get an eye appointment tomorrow see what the damage is. but i dont have high hopes!!!

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ouch!
    What sort of power andy? - good news is that red light is not as easily absorbed by the red blood rich cells as say green would be - Im not saying that it cant damage cos it can but it may not be as bad as it could have been.
    You may find the spot remains for a few days and fades with time - eventually the damaged cells not being used will be edited out of your vision - the brain is awesome at correcting for missing pixels. The time to worry is if the laser trashes the optic nerve - but then you'd know about it as I would suspect you will quickly loose most or all of the vison in that eye.
    Like you said get an appointment and get a good exam of that retina.
    Good luck
    Maybe a lesson for all here

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

not something i wanna read.... that really sucks i hope it turns out for the best and your body heals itself!
    -Josh

im not sure of the power yet once i get the module out tomorrow i will measure.

im 90% sure i have some kind of eye damage, my vision really isnt right.

im normally very careful for this very reason!! i didnt have glasses on as it was an rgb unit.

im sure my vision will improve in the future but for now its a massive fooking lession!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Think about it like this: The worst part has already happened. There's nothing you can do about it now. Don't get so bummed out about it. Think happy thoughts. Close your eyes and listen to some good music with headphones. Don't think about it at all.

James.

LOL its a bit hard when im currently cutting up laser warning labels, i need to get them posted.

all i can see is this dot!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy I know it will seem grim now but you are very likley to improve - I know from personal experience with an almost exact replica accident but with green. Like I said im not suggesting you may have gotten off scot free im just suggesting that really the next few days are gonna tell.
    By about the third morning the black spot in my vison had gone so that when I awoke I forgot about the accident until I blinked and it flashed up. This faded as the weeks went by and now I dont see any effect other than occasionally I will catch a straight line with my left eye and notice its got a wobble in it sort of a cut out - hard to describe - I take this as being the damaged spot and my brain is trying to fill in the blanks

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

well im keeping my fingers cross for ya! your brain is a powerful thing! and like james said think good thought and relax let the body do some healing!
    -Josh

yeah ive got my fingers crossed rob that its a temporary thing and the opticians says things are ok.

ill post tomorrow, maybe with a pic as well
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i dont wanna see a pic of your eyeball

Rob