Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humbly requesting falling random circles

Default humbly requesting falling random circles

Dear all,

My Pangolin card has a broken dac, so it is difficuelt for me to draw and test an animation I need for a show.
    Should I be so lucky that someone in this wonderful forum has an animation with random positioned, random sized circles falling from above screen to beyond screen. Raising circles is also fine. (The idea is somewhat like soap bobbles in air, or air bobbles in water)

Thank you in advance!
    Best regards
    Jan Thogersen

Lightbulb

Hi FD -

If you have the 'Original Install discs' that come-standard with all Pango LD2K suites, there should-be an 'extra disc' (DVD, iirc..) called 'Lightspeed Design - additional Frames / Animations', or something like that, and that 'collection' has quite a few animations, very-close to what you are looking for.. One (iirc..) called 'bubbles', that is just like that - 'rising' spheres, nicely-colored, etc.. Alternatively, you could contact Aaron @ pangolin.com, and, upon providing your serial#, they could perhaps upload-some frames for you, or, kick you out a replacement CD / DVD, etc..

..but, if, ie: 'your dog ate your DAC', or some other-such mayhem, you could possibly contact PL-member 'swamidog' about (..possibly, I can't really speak for him.. buying some frames of some *incredibly-cool* 3D, bubble-like fx, he came up with, recently, with 'LSX' (Laser Show Xpress) - awesome package, but.. if you've not the 'time to learn it', etc, he (may..) be in a position to sell you a few frames, and get you off to the races for your gig..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you mean this?

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hi FD -

If you have the 'Original Install discs' that come-standard with all Pango LD2K suites, there should-be an 'extra disc' (DVD, iirc..) called 'Lightspeed Design - additional Frames / Animations', or something like that, and that 'collection' has quite a few animations, very-close to what you are looking for.. One (iirc..) called 'bubbles', that is just like that - 'rising' spheres, nicely-colored, etc.. Alternatively, you could contact Aaron @ pangolin.com, and, upon providing your serial#, they could perhaps upload-some frames for you, or, kick you out a replacement CD / DVD, etc..

..but, if, ie: 'your dog ate your DAC', or some other-such mayhem, you could possibly contact PL-member 'swamidog' about (..possibly, I can't really speak for him.. buying some frames of some *incredibly-cool* 3D, bubble-like fx, he came up with, recently, with 'LSX' (Laser Show Xpress) - awesome package, but.. if you've not the 'time to learn it', etc, he (may..) be in a position to sell you a few frames, and get you off to the races for your gig..

fwiw..
    j
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you mean this?
    Absobeautifulootly. Best. Laser-Bubbles. Ever. Love the elegant use of 'negative-space' / color-subtleties / mods, and 'the bling-spots'..

..I forsee a 'new ILDA-awards category'...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you mean this?
    Wow, that is just amazing! However, my idea was much more simple. I was thinking of good old plain circles falling from above the upper edge of Y axis to below lower edge of Y axis.
    I need to solve my "situation" before Sunday, so your animations might be the only choice. Would you be so kind and send a PM with how many kidneys I need to sell?

Thank you in advance!

And seriously, where is the LIKE button? I need it for both you and dsli_jon.
    Best regards
    Jan Thogersen

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

WE don't go for points here, it makes life so much better and humble.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Jesus... I'm looking more and more forward to Swami's LSX talk at SELEM.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Do you still want these? That's three minutes work in LSX... Do the circles need to be deformed so they are actual bubbles?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

what's to talk about? i just mash buttons until pretty light comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Jesus... I'm looking more and more forward to Swami's LSX talk at SELEM.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

This is all you get, bedtime for me now!
    I haven't projected this yet, the point count is probably way too high. I hope you have optimisation software.

Bubbles.rar

For reliable results, I suggest you consult with swamidog ;D
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 08-02-2013 at 18:00.