Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Safety Goggles

Here are transmittance spectra for the Laserwave goggles:

They were run at slightly different incident angles, but both angles are well within what you would expect in a real world exposure situation.

Hey RGBLaserFan

Sorry I didn'r get around to posting anything ealier (been a busy week)

Here's an image showing the comparisions of with and with-out goggles of a circle being projected onto a wall (about 1.5M away and the goggles just in front of the projectors output aperture)

RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Hi,

I'm concerned about safety whilst setting up my laser and having just bought a 600mw RGY laser and was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap but functional safety goggles that will filter out both Red and Green light?
    I have bought some higher quality laser goggles out of? nevada or new mexico I will try to get you info but some good commercial goggles. They have flip up filter frames in front I have 808nm and 1064nm and now that I am working with 532nm I am going to add that filter on flip up. Take a word to the wise a reflection of a nonscan 70mw 532nm laser did definetly hurt me off of all things a tiny bit of plastic wrap. Do not take chances! I now have a floater that haunts my right eye. Shoot for good stuff on goggles od 12-14 at work wavelengths.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.