Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Igor! Must have diodes!

19 90.48%
  • Can't see myself doing this ,but willing to try with help

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any intetest in 635nm diodes?

I don't think I could have funds by Friday but I am interested in buying 2 of the 200mW diodes. I should be able to make a decision in a week. Don't wait for me if you can't though.

Do you happen to have any pictures and pricing on the C-mount mounts?

Could you also provide lens kits after you decide which is the best way to go?

Thanks!
    Adam

The order I would like to place is on 19 Sept. As far as optics there are a lot of ways to go. Like I said they need a FAC lens and at least one achro to make it usable beamwise. The MG units that Laserben here had a few for sale with the anamorphic prisms work great. I know of only one on fleaybay....not even sure if it is there now.....couple of weeks ago. This would be an easy diode swap/mod. The time I have had here lately doesn't let me search like before.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    The order I would like to place is on 19 Sept. As far as optics there are a lot of ways to go. Like I said they need a FAC lens and at least one achro to make it usable beamwise. The MG units that Laserben here had a few for sale with the anamorphic prisms work great. I know of only one on fleaybay....not even sure if it is there now.....couple of weeks ago. This would be an easy diode swap/mod. The time I have had here lately doesn't let me search like before.

Ah, so you're saying that the Melles Griot red modules have C-mount diodes in them and the diode could just be swapped out, right? If so that would work for me.

Not that easy....this just gets you the optics and a mount. You will have to mount the diode off center a bit and install a small TEC. Not much work at all for what you get from it. Just add driver , TEC control, modulation and your off into 635 land.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

How much are they?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Not that easy....this just gets you the optics and a mount. You will have to mount the diode off center a bit and install a small TEC. Not much work at all for what you get from it. Just add driver , TEC control, modulation and your off into 635 land.
    how will you keep dust off the output fawcett? Last time I did a Cmount red, I blew 500$ not knowing that and killed a 1 watt 658, but that was years ago.

Steve

Yep, Completely understand those aspects. I was primarily concerned about the mounting and optics.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    how will you keep dust off the output fawcett? Last time I did a Cmount red, I blew 500$ not knowing that and killed a 1 watt 658, but that was years ago.

Steve
    I usually keep things blown off with nitrogen before sealing up the diode in it's chamber. I have a very good filtering system in my lab room. It isn't a class 100 clean room by no means. Carefull inspection under the 60X scope reveals any stray particulate. I have had a few failures...all can be traced back directly to me....esd,not discharging caps, etc. The latest of the tests lasers are doing well over specs and seem ready for projector duty. I am assembling a 750mw 658nm unit this evening and will post it's progress after the 24 hour burn in test. Trust me....if anyone has abused a diode it is me. Raw diodes dropped on the floor......overheated a few.....lessons from the past. I take the utmost in all precautions in the past couple of years. I hate dead diodes......especially if I kill it! Get a tray and start making something. I have discovered it makes one of two things....a nice laser or misery.

I have discovered it makes one of two things....a nice laser or misery.
    That's freakin' peotry, dude!

James.

Wink I could use your advice help possible servives

I have a coherent laser water cooled I bought 2 the first was dead and I sold I opened the water cooled 50-60watt cw laser assemblies welds with a razor blade and file I found the diode to be secured via two cap plugs covering allens I removed diode from water interface I found it to be burned. By very good luck I wound the exact new 50 watt laser diode assembly from an ebay seller, I talked to my friend a head engineer at Coherent he told me to carefully use a razor to remove the glued fast axis first lens from the dead diode block and then mount new diode power to thresh hold and use a paper target to align the old lens on the new or good diode block and then to use uv cure cement to bond to diode block.
    Is this something you could do for a moderate fee?