Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld 600RGY

Hi RGB

if it is possible to lift the lid and take a photo of inside it would be very much apreciated ... im interested in the build quality

from previous laserworld stuff i have seen the build quality has been above standard for an import laser

all the best ... Karl

If anyone can tell me how to do it I'll be glad to take some photos.

I know there's a guy on here with some Laserworld RS and Pros and he posted comparisons with them and his own White Light laser in his garage a while ago, but I can't remember which user it was.

Maybe he will know how access is gained. Thing is I don't want to risk a mass assembly job as its my new laser and I'm not a builder - case of if it ain't broke don't fix it! That said, if he can tell me how its done safely, I will access and take photos.

On my proline...

started with undoing the mounting on the top - 4 quick release bolts and 2 safety chain loop screws (u only have 1 on the RS)

next i noticed that by undoing the sides of the unit the top would come off

this was as far as i went before going any deeper into the unit and making sure warranty was ok to do this, with laserworld its all 'alles klar' so dont worry

for the RS looking at the pictures it seems like you need to remove those silver side skirts this will probably help

good luck and will be waiting to see what the insides is like compared to my Proline
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Hi RGB

if it is possible to lift the lid and take a photo of inside it would be very much apreciated ... im interested in the build quality

from previous laserworld stuff i have seen the build quality has been above standard for an import laser

all the best ... Karl
    Internal pic up now Karl.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Huh?
    Where de pic at?
    I see no pic.
    Have you just sent it to Karl?
    Is there something going on between you two cus if so I have to warn you, he's a bit of a dodgy geezer.
    Been round the block a few times, know what I mean (and that's only from what I've read on the internet).

We'd all like a peek inside that baby so do the right thing and show us.

Wink

It is the bottom most picture there Eagle eyes... Under the heading "Internally:"

Hmmm..
    Must be a Firefox/AdBlock Plus thing cus all I see is;

Internally:

Everything looks neat and tidy. Worst thing I can see is the dichro looks very poor quality and the lasers have white stickers on them that give wavelength but no power info - I rather suspect they sit atop the manufacturers writing.

Otherwise very impressive looking:

[AD]

Ahh well....... I guess I'll just go sharpen my talons instead of looking at Laser Loveliness.

Its edited into the review above. I'm definately seeing it, but then again I haven't been exposed to as many lasers as you.

Here's a direct link: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6979/laservu7.jpg

Hi RGB

and it looks neat ....

Pleanty of space ... and the laserworld scanners which im using and i have been well impressed with ....

and it ties up with what other people have told me the build quality is far superior than alot of other far east imports ( which is where it originates )
    its close to the neo neon spec .... ok its not to our best standard but its better than a lot ive seen

now what would be interesting is to get some thinners or acetone and see whats under the black marker pen .... it does seem that they are hiding ratings ....

hey if they are rated lower than what you have paid for let laserworld know .... its not laserworlds fault because im guessing this has been obscured before it hits europe ... but it will help laserworld to keep on top of thier quality control

all the best... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    .. it ties up with what other people have told me the build quality is far superior than alot of other far east imports
    I'm getting mixed messages about Laserworld.

From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    .. I get the impression that you pay for much more than you get with laserworld ...
    Whilst the cases look quite durable (and distinctive), the prices look a little on the "pricey" side.
    I have been tempted in the past to order one of their systems (and have bid on a few on ebay) but the thought of getting hammered with import tax which would also add to the price has prevented me from making a concentrated effort in obtaining one.

And all this talk of them blanking out essential info re: the power ratings does nothing to build confidence in their product.

To try and absolve Laserworld of any responsibilty regarding supplying inferior or lower rated units than stated is a cop out.
    Even their ads on ebay specify a 750 mw laser but only guarantee something like 600 mw.
    That makes it a 600 mw laser and you might get lucky, not the other way round.