Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld 600RGY

You won't pay import tax because they come from Germany, there's no import tax payable on any product that comes from within the EU - free market.

The blanked out power ratings do nothing for me either although it does look extremely bright - take a look at the videos, the points at the ends of the lines show real hot spots.

Their advertising is a bit naughty in that they headline the maximum power then state they only guarantee a lower power in the advert. I actually think this is now an illegal practice in the UK or for any company selling into the UK, but its not for me to enforce.

He he, I have both UV and IR at my disposal, guess what IR shows:

Power 120W Class 1 (????)

Red Class 3
    Green Class 3

The power of Light!

Doesn't photograph as well as can be seen by the naked eye - eye can see the ridges of the embossed paint, the camera just sees the reflections which are more partial.

Bit of solvent on the front sticker reveals Class 3B sticker!!

Maybe, they're 400mw Class 3B but typically put out more than specified as mentioned in the advert so can be Class 4 600mw. Would explain both the wording and labelling (wouldn't want a Class 4 product labelled Class 3B or vice Versa), or am I just being optomistic?
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-18-2008 at 01:24.

just had some bad news on my LW unit....

kindly Thomas from Karlsruhe invited me up to check out my 750 RGB

the laser was putting out a total of 0.210-0.220 Watts running on white

the blue is putting out a max 70mW (150mW was advertised)

the green is putting out a max of 69mW (150mW was advertised)

and the red is very bad at 72mW (300mW was advertised)

will be on the phone asap 2moro

not very happy chappy - lets see how the customer service deals with this problem - review on the way very soon too!!
    Last edited by majorlee; 09-18-2008 at 07:52.
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

wow! i would feel robbed!

they need to make this right!
    -Josh

Majorlee, did each laser have a fixed and stable 5v supply on the modulation inputs when you measured each ones power output?

I ask because for all 3 to be that under spec, it sounds as if you have possibly been measuring modulated beams. if so, you will get much lower than expected readings.

Just a thought...

be interesting to get your one measured up to see how it compares too mate

p1t8ull Majorlee, did each laser have a fixed and stable 5v supply on the modulation inputs when you measured each ones power output?

I ask because for all 3 to be that under spec, it sounds as if you have possibly been measuring modulated beams. if so, you will get much lower than expected readings.

Just a thought...

we just measured the beams from the unit itself, but would it make that much difference over 50-60% loss here

Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Not sure what "measured the beams from the unit itself" means exactly, but you do need to know each laser is running at full power and continuous wave if you want to accurately measure the output power with a normal optical/thermal power meter.

If you're telling your software/DAC to output a 100% power R,G or B beam and measuring that at the projectors output window then you will most certainly get some depressing figures. For instance, if I output a single 100pt target beam in LivePro and measure the output with a LC, I get around 400mW out of a laser that's over 1.2w on full chat, this doesn't mean I have a laser or software problem (in fact I'm very happy with both ) it just means the laser is off (blanked) for a period of time by design, and the LC wand is (badly) averaging the on/off cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Not sure what "measured the beams from the unit itself" means exactly, but you do need to know each laser is running at full power and continuous wave if you want to accurately measure the output power with a normal optical/thermal power meter.

If you're telling your software/DAC to output a 100% power R,G or B beam and measuring that at the projectors output window then you will most certainly get some depressing figures. For instance, if I output a single 100pt target beam in LivePro and measure the output with a LC, I get around 400mW out of a laser that's over 1.2w on full chat, this doesn't mean I have a laser or software problem (in fact I'm very happy with both ) it just means the laser is off (blanked) for a period of time by design, and the LC wand is (badly) averaging the on/off cycle.
    The measurement was taken with 5V applied to the laser inputs (via the easylase testtool, which gives constant, non-modulates color signals, exact voltages are between 4.87 and 4.95V for the color outputs). Yes, we measured after the output window, so there are some losses from the dichros,the scanning system and the output windows.

Thats pretty Damn poor ....

i think you need to expain in detail to LW how you did the test and the crap results ....

its not what you paid for .....

you obviously will get some losses through the optics which you would expect to be about 30% maximum ....

but 60% loss..... does not even meet thier minimum spec ratings of 600mW

hope they sort it out for you ... and its good you had Thomas to help

all the best .... Karl

there just fobbing me off and saying it is the right power and they say send it back to check rather than send one out in replacement etc

will open up a thread about it all here - sorry for the hijack!

Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Quote Originally Posted by majorlee View Post
    there just fobbing me off and saying it is the right power and they say send it back to check rather than send one out in replacement etc

will open up a thread about it all here - sorry for the hijack!
    Take some photos if you can of tests proving the power levels and then send these over to them (you will need these to take any complaint further anyway so might as well take them now anyway).

Also, you could threaten to report them to trading Standards - I'm presuming you have that in Germany?

Further you could actually do that if you get no joy.

Finally, there's a peice of legislation in the UK called The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 - that criminalised misdiscription amongst other things: http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/Images/...cm2-219616.pdf

Whereas this is a UK law so doesn't apply in Germany, its my understanding that its actually a European law thats been enacted by European Directive in all the member states. That being the case, there should be a German equivolent from the German law makers.

Hope this helps.