Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a few rgb questions

im thinking about making it out of these parts

/Blue Lasers/LP Series "CNI" 473nm DPSS Laser: 100mw
    Product Information
    The LP473-100 is a quality manufactured laser coming from the biggest and best Chinese manufacturer.

The power supply and head are both built to very high specifications, and this laser has some of the best beam specs available, including low divergence, and small beam diameter. The laser features a shutter integral to the laser head. The power supply and head have a over temp cutout, a feature that will prolong the working life of the unit. This product comes standard with analogue modulation, and features a 1 year return to base manufacturer's warranty.

Model Number: LP473-100 Output Power: 100mw Wavelength: 473nm Spectral linewidth: 0.1nm Transverse mode: TEMoo Operating mode: CW Beam diameter, 1/e2: 2.0mm+/-0.2mm Beam divergence, full angle: <1.5mrad+/-0.2mrad Power stability(25C): +/-5% over 2 hours Pointing stability: <0.05mrad Residual IR: <0.01% Operating temp: 10-30 degrees C Warm up time: 10 minutes Expected lifetime: 10,000 hours Input Voltage: 85-240VAC, 50/60Hz Modulation: Analogue Dimensions of laser head: 140.8x73x46.2mm Dimensions of PSU: 135x130x61mm

Location: /Scanning/SCANPRO Series 20Kpps Galvonometer System + "Lasershow Player Board"
    Product Information
    SCANPRO20 kit including high quality DMX controlled program board:

Kit includes:

-2 scanners and associated scan amps
    -multi voltage switching power supply
    -scanner mounting block and all cables
    -14 channel DMX program board, including mic and sensitivity pot

The original SCANPRO20 kit proved to be a very popular and reliable scanner set. Now the set has been revised to improve scanning quality, and shrink the size of the scan amps to a even smaller size than before! See the table below for a list of scan speeds. Quoted speed at 20kpps is 20 degrees!

The supplied program board has a high level of DMX control, and will run in 5 modes, a sound activated mode, and a DMX controlled mode being 2 of them.

All needed cables are supplied, including a microphone and a potentiometer for sound activation! A cable prewired to 2 dmx sockets is also supplied along with ILDA in and out sockets! This kit coupled with a laser available in other parts of our store would be a great way to get into lasers!

Max Scan angle: ±30°optical (factory calibration @±20°)
    Mirror Size: 6mm*11mm*0.7mm
    Mirror coating: High quality dielectric film
    Reflectivity: >98% @45°incidence(400nm-700nm)
    Input Voltage: ±5VDC differential
    Dimensions of Amp: 75mm*40mm*35mm
    30k ILDA test pattern at 20 degrees!
    multi voltage switching power supply

dont know if these scanners are any good advice on these would be good mate

Location: /Green Lasers/LP Series "CNI" 532nm DPSS Laser: 150mw
    Product Information
    The LP532-150 is a quality manufactured laser with a compact size laser head and PSU. It is manufactured by the largest manufacturer in China.

The power supply and head are both built to very high specifications, and this laser has some of the best beam specs available. This laser comes with analogue blanking as standard. The PSU has threaded mounting holes to facilitate easy mounting to any surface. All in all, this is a well designed, great value laser! 1 year manufacturer's return to base warranty provided.

Model Number: LP532-150 Output Power: 150mw Dimension of Laser Head: 140.8(L)×73(W) ×46.2(H) Output Wavelength: 532nm Beam Mode: TEM00, CW Power Stability: <5% (RMS, over 4 hours) Beam Divergence(full angle): <1.5mrad Beam Diameter: ~2.0 Warm Up time: <15 minutes Operating Temperature: 10 ~ 35degrees C Modulation: Analogue Expected Lifetime: >10,000 hours Input Voltage: 90~265VAC, 50/60Hz Dimension of the Driver: 135(L) ×130(W) ×61(H) Warranty: 1 yeari

cannot source a red laser
    at a good price the ones off the website the rest of this is off are fairly expensive. it might just be the way it is but i was looking for something like this but its $1145

/Red Lasers/LP Series "CNI" 635nm DPSS Laser: 450mw
    Product Information
    The LP635-450 is a compact red diode laser. This laser features a compact laser head, with fan cooled oem style power supply. Analogue modulation comes as standard as it does with all our high end laser products.

This laser is a product of CNI, China's largest, and most respected manufacturer. These lasers are known for their reliability, high quality construction and generous power over ratings.

Model Number: LP635-450 Output Power: 450mw Wavelength: 635nm Beam mode: Multi Operating mode: CW Beam diameter, 1/e2: 5.0mm Beam divergence, full angle: 2.5mrad Power stability (rms, over 4 hours): <5% Operating temp: 15-30 degrees C Warm up time: <5 minutes Expected lifetime: 10,000 hours Input Voltage: 85-240VAC, 50/60Hz Modulation:
    10KHz analogue Dimensions of laser head: 140.8x73x46.2mm Dimensions of PSU: 135x130x61mm
    these dichros
    Location: /Accessories/Dichroic Filter - Pass Red, Pass Green, Reflect Blue
    Product Information
    High quality dichroic filter. Will reflect blue wavelengths, whilst passing through green and red wavelengths.
    Be the first to review this product!
    Price: $50.00 $40.00
    Location: /Accessories/Dichroic Filter - Reflect Red, Pass Green, Pass Blue
    Product Information
    High quality dichroic filter. Will pass through green and blue wavelengths, whilst reflecting through red wavelengths.
    Price: $50.00 $40.00
    Product Information
    All you need to mix your red, green and blue lasers into a white beam!

This kit comes with two OPT-MM3 windowed mounts, one OPT-DRED dichroic filter and one OPT-BLUE dichroic filter.
    Price: $175.00 $145.00

the whole cost of this is $3065 us about £1500 pounds which is pretty good i think let me know what you think
    is there anything else i would need and if you could where could i get it.

by the way i know im being a pain asking loads of stuff but i just really love laser and electronics. to be honest any lighting at all but this sounds so good to make my own laser.

thankyou so much mate
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 09-11-2008 at 11:38.

here are the colors you can get with red and green with analog.

have you thought about going with laser wave instead of cni?
    -Josh

hi there.
    i'm not super tech savvy with lasers but i did buy a 100mw cni green from lasershow parts(they are here on the board).
    they consistently sell units that are over spec.
    my 100mw puts out 150 mw.

i would recommend buying from them.
    i haven't done hardcore price comparisions with other cni suppliers but these guys have great prices and they give the best customer service.
    it really is very nice to be able to send private messages to your retailer and have them answer as fast as these guys do.

you will have to turn down that 150 mw greenie but it's analog so you can always use it full power if you want if you are doing single color or yellow.
    (red nd green mix)

peace,
    wes

check out lasershow parts.

p.s edit.

i see you writing "mate".
    are you in austrailia?
    lasershow parts is there too.
    it will save you a lot on shipping if you are.

edit again-
    lsp also offers,or at least used to offer,a little price break for board members.
    you'll have to check with them but it could help your bottom line.
    Last edited by wes; 09-11-2008 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    im thinking about making it out of these parts

by the way i know im being a pain asking loads of stuff but i just really love laser and electronics. to be honest any lighting at all but this sounds so good to make my own laser.

thankyou so much mate
    Dave and Aijii (forum members / frequent posters here) from Laser Show Parts are GREAT folks to work with! I've bought two sets of ScanPro scanners and 2 CNI lasers from them, and have been EXTEMELY happy with their help and the quality of the products they sell! You'll probably want to check out the "Product Review" section of the forum for some really nice hands-on reviews of several of the scanner sets they sell. The reviews were done by Adam Burns ("Buffo"), a frequent and VERY knowledgeable senior forum member!

You'll probably find there will be a lot of other pieces and parts you'll need along the way, depending on how sophisticated you want to make your projector - shutter control, safety interlocks, ILDA standard wiring, etc. can all come into play depending on whether you strictly want to keep this a "garage hobby", or want to build with the idea of LEGALLY and safely being able to perform in any kind of public venues down the road.

Since you're thinking about a considerable investment in lasers and scanners, I would definitely recommend going ahead and planning on incorporating a "conventional" controller board in your projector. One of the most popular, flexible, best for the money, and one used by many of us here, is the Pangolin Flashback 3 (FB3). It has a LOT a capabilities, can be operated by computer, DMX, or stand-alone, and includes a very nice FREE full-featured software suite. It can grow with you, as well - whether you start out with 1 laser or 3, and virtually any set of conventional scanners, it can control them all.

Here are some links:
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm
    http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Ab...#In%20addition

By the way - the FB3 is the controller that Dave and Aijii recommended when I first got started a year ago, and I was quite happy with that recommendation and decision
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

have you thought about going with laser wave instead of cni?

the prices seem to be about the same but thanks for that. i had not heard of them before
    cheers

just to let you know i used laser show parts for all the above quotes and im glad they seem like a good company
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 09-11-2008 at 12:24.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    p.s edit.

i see you writing "mate".
    are you in austrailia?

no im not im in the uk fella

sorry bout the double post

this is a video of my f2000 when it was new. (this was taken in my kitchen and the smoke was extremly thick which makes it look pretty bright)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3qOYFhBY3g
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 09-11-2008 at 12:52.

hey oli-

if you decide to go with just a red and green laser for now, leave room for the addition of blue. theres nothing wrong with that. good way to start out and then slowly add on as you go along.

lasershow parts and their products are excellent. no doubt about it. if you ar ein australia and decide to purchase from them, i am quite sure you will be happy. Of course i would want you to purchase from me, but its what suits YOU best. not what suits ME best!! Dave and Aijii (from lasershow parts) are both great guys and very reputable, so either way, youll end up with a good deal.

as far as your projector-

i think randy (stuka) suggested the FB3 card? i would definitely recomend that also. VERY user friendly, VERY affordable and and VERY powerful piece of hardware/software for what you pay!

if you purchase just red and green for now, all you will need is a reflect red dichro. with analog modulated lasers, red and green could give you some pretty decent colors.

sounds like you did alot of your homework. the 20k scanners are great for starting out. they may not do some pretty intricate graphics, but it will do basic graphics and all the beams you can throw at it!

make sure to design and build this CORRECTLY!!! and SAFELY!!!
    wired ILDA standard. safety interlocks. good optics and mounts. key switch. labels. it all makes a difference!

oh, and by the way...

WELCOME!! lol. after all this i dont think anyone welcomed you here! great little community you just found!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    hey oli-
    lasershow parts and their products are excellent. no doubt about it. if you ar ein australia and decide to purchase from them, i am quite sure you will be happy. Of course i would want you to purchase from me, but its what suits YOU best. not what suits ME best!! Dave and Aijii (from lasershow parts) are both great guys and very reputable, so either way, youll end up with a good deal.
    that is VERY cool of you.

hey wes thanks...

but this is a great community here and we all have one VERY similar interest....LASERS!!!! dave and ajaii have a very proven and honorable track record. of course i would support their efforts as i would hope they would support my efforts with LaserWave if someone was interested in my products.

cut throat in this business NEVER lasts and it ALWAYS will bite ya in the ass!! if youre in this to make a quick buck, thats all it will be is VERY quick!

in the end, the only one who suffers is the customer. and in this business that means THOUSANDS of dollars wasted for the customer! NOT COOL!!!

when there is a company out there that is the OPPOSITE (as in, shadey and not so dignified...) i would DEFINITELY point that out also.

but, wes, thanks for the compliment.

oli-

back to you! lol...

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

i can see its a great community by all the help i have recieved so far and iv only made one 2 threads.
    everyone on here seems amazingly helpful and i appreciate it no end.
    im going to go away and draw up some plans for this laser. before i do have you got any ideas on making a case or box for the unit.
    oh and also what are the safety interlocks you talked about and where would i get them from. and where would i get a key switch from. i think i can probably find onme of them though.

cheers oli