Thread: CT Lasers/Laser Wave

Thumbs up CT Lasers/Laser Wave

I have been wanting to post this for a week or two... so this is a little late.

I bought a 150mW 473nm direct from Bridge... 2 months ago... somewhere around there. I did a lot of shopping here through PMs and Bridge gave me the best price and other members here said that was the way to go... My main selling point was that Bridge assured me that their blues have little to no noise in the beam like most blue DPSS lasers have.

The price was very good, shipping to me was fast. I powered it up when I first got it and checked for noise. I did this by pointing it, in CW mode, at a spinning mirror device, similar to a grocery store scanner but much bigger. I also put my TTL 75mW CNI up next to it to compare. I was blown away, there was no noise. So I put it in the projector... well, I tore the projector down and re-built it, but you get the idea...

Once in and scanning, I noticed that when scanning, there was noise (not as much as the CNI), but there was also a linear modulation issue and almost a drop out issue on most of my frames. Way worse that a little jellybeaning. I PM'd Bridge back and forth a little, but it was hard for me to describe and the pictures and video I took was not able to show it well at all. I decided to take it to SELEM so I could get other minds to look at it and give me some advice.

At SELEM, Marc, gottaluvlasers, was in attendance and looked at my blue and agreed there was an issue, and that he would contact Bridge and see what could be done. That was Saturday at the event. I think it was Monday that I got a PM stating a new blue would be shipped to Marc, he would test it and then send it to me so I could swap out my laser, verify it is working fully, and then send the old one back... Two weeks later, I had a new blue in my projector with NO DOWN TIME for my projector.

I do not have a meter, but it fit right in to my current color balance, and I may have a little more blue that before. There is still a little noise in the beam, but I think that is there in all DPSS blues, and I am stuck with it until the technology itself removes that.

So, a little late, but I must say a BIG THANK YOU to both Bridge for having faith in his re-seller and to Marc and CT Lasers for working with Bridge to fix my blue, again, with NO DOWN TIME for my projector.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

im never surprised to see very happy things about laser wave!

bridge is one of the most stand up guys i have ever talked to!

he knows how to treat his customers right!
    -Josh

Thumbs up

I would like to add my thumbs up for Marc of CT Lasers and Bridge at LaserWave!

Great products, great support, and a couple of very nice, helpful folks to do business with!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

aaron, and randy...

thanks guys! didnt even see this post until now.

but its good to see you guys are happy with your purchases and our service. Bridge and LaserWave makes it easy for us to help you guys!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems