Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pre-order phr803t 18$ #4--32 left

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs down

I too thought we'd been invaded by spammers.
    Or I had clicked on the wrong forum.

It might be an idea to get the feel of a forum before blasting on with all multicoloured guns blazing and "pre-accusing" folks of them trying to rip you off.
    The members here are an honourable bunch (of mostly adults) who can be trusted to not rip people off for 20 bucks.

Not a very auspicious start ..........

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I too thought we'd been invaded by spammers.
    Or I had clicked on the wrong forum.

It might be an idea to get the feel of a forum before blasting on with all multicoloured guns blazing and "pre-accusing" folks of them trying to rip you off.
    The members here are an honourable bunch (of mostly adults) who can be trusted to not rip people off for 20 bucks.

Not a very auspicious start ..........
    k ill just delete the first post and be done here then. i had already posted a topic introducing myself but hey it was only a 5 minute waste..

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew2505 View Post
    k ill just delete the first post and be done here then. i had already posted a topic introducing myself but hey it was only a 5 minute waste..
    Hmmm... I detect a bit of an attitude here

If you take the time to have a look around the forum you'll find that (for the most part ) we're a set of pretty responsible adults who don't desire, or indeed need, the brashness of some of the postings seen on other forums.

We have some *REAL* experts on this forum, many whom made the migration from Usenet and are just used to plain old text. How about you stick around for a while and read some of the posts before gettting all upset and throwing the teddy out of the cot. You never know you may quite like it here once you know what we're all about.

As previously mentioned, this forum tends to be more about laser projectors and perhaps bigger type lasers (Ar/Kr etc.). It's absolutely crammed full of technical information and is frequented by some people with brains the size of planets (when it comes to lasers that is ). If it's just pointers you're after there are other forums that fill that niche nicely and you'll probably feel more comfortable there.

However, ease yourself in gently here and you'll be more than welcome

Regards

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Andrew,

I received my sleds (from #3) just 5 minutes ago. It all went very smoothly.

I can see why they are called broken modules though. They are pretty bashed up. The diodes look fine, but 2 out of 3 mirrors were cracked. Luckily I have other 405nm dichroic mirrors, so the diodes are what matters.

Anyway, thanks for making this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I received my sleds (from #3) just 5 minutes ago. It all went very smoothly.

I can see why they are called broken modules though. They are pretty bashed up. The diodes look fine, but 2 out of 3 mirrors were cracked. Luckily I have other 405nm dichroic mirrors, so the diodes are what matters.

Anyway, thanks for making this happen.
    glad to know you got them safe. took a while to sweden did it not? what was it something like 3weeks?

also must say that im sorry you guys are afraid of BOLD TEXT and bright colors
    Last edited by ndrew2505; 09-12-2008 at 00:34.

Tocket!

have you tested the diodes? if so how much did you get em up to?
    pictures?

dischros? what kind of dichros?

sry abou tall question but im really interested in these diodes and stuff to it as im workin on the huge combining thingy. :P

It took 12 days from payment until they dropped into my mailbox, but when I paid for them you hadn't received them yet. I don't know what date you posted it on.

I haven't tested these yet, but I have some older ones. As I don't have a power meter I can't tell their output, but I run them at 115 and 150 mA respectively. They are far brighter than the PS3 diodes.

Don't have many pictures, but here's two with. The lasers featured here are a PHR-803T, a "phazor" (~250mW 660nm) and a 400mW laserwave green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010005.jpg  

P1010018.jpg  

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew2505 View Post
    A 5 minute waste.?. That shitty attitude is *exactly* what Wes was afraid of, and he rightfully called you on it.

If you can't be bothered to spend more than 5 minutes talking about yourself before you start hawking your wares, then I don't care if you're selling Laser TV's for $15 a pop... I don't want to deal with you. This forum is sucessful because people take the time to post at length about their knowledge and experience, so others can benefit. If you can't be bothered to invest more than 5 minutes of your precious time, then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

You haven't even taken the time to fill out your profile. (Which takes a hell of a lot less than 5 minutes!) No one knows who you are (apart from a couple people that recognize you from other forums), and your "introduction" post lasted all of a paragraph. So now we're supposed to trust you and start buying diodes from you? Seriously? Is that the way things work on whatever planet you're from? Because that's not the way it is here. (Hint: We're not looking for another salesman.)

If you were already happy to be selling to the folks on LPF, then why did you come here anyway? Was it only to sell more stuff? Because based on the description of your initial post, it sure sounded like a breathless sales pitch. Tell me I'm wrong...

On the other hand, if you were actually looking to help someone here (or perhaps looking for knowledge yourself), then don't you think it would have been better to introduce yourself to the group first? Think about it: when you enter a room full of people you don't know, is your first move always to try to sell people something? Really?

These are the questions that were no doubt passing through Wes's head when he saw your (now retracted) post. Based on your overly-defensive reaction, I'd say Wes has you pegged fairly well.

Bottom line: learn to play nice, and well give you the shirts off our backs. Act like a jerk, and you'll find we can be very cold-hearted indeed. There are too many other good people out there to suffer the fools.

Adam

Smile

FWIW I ordered a diode from him. I want to see if my modulation circuit works....creepy projector build in the works....I just got stiffed though... by someone else on fleabay......not anyone here!!!!!!! I trust him for now..ndrew seen a lot of good reports on LPF> I will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 09-15-2008 at 16:59.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    FWIW I ordered a diode from him.<snip>I just got stiffed though.<snip> I trust him for now.
    Wait, you bought a diode from him, he stiffed you, and you still trust him? Did I miss something there? Or was it not his fault that you got stiffed? (Post office error?)

Adam