Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canned Smoke

Hmm maybe I'll have to rethink and try to mount some wood. I would think with Polyester the greatest danger would have been melting rather than fire but I take the point. I was thinking bout 6 inches to a foot in front.

I think I have some high temp paint - used for car exhausts, maybe I can use that on something to help heat reistance.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I have no experiance with smoke in a can, but at home I use a cracker based hazer (antari HZ100)
    I recommend everybody to not use smoke in a can, it is too expensive in comparison with fog machines. I have a cheap fogger (antari F-80z), and it is good enough for home use and small parties, and it costs only €45! How much do the smoke cans cost? €10 or something for 2 or 3 times filling your room with dirty oil.

An emergency stop button is a good idea. I use a powerpack, is this a good alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I recommend everybody to not use smoke in a can, it is too expensive in comparison with fog machines. I have a cheap fogger (antari F-80z), and it is good enough for home use and small parties, and it costs only €45! How much do the smoke cans cost? €10 or something for 2 or 3 times filling your room with dirty oil.

An emergency stop button is a good idea. I use a powerpack, is this a good alternative?
    if you use a little clip on fan a few feet in front of a fogger,you can disperse the fog better and it seems to hang longer.

at shows i usually have to supplement my little american dj hazer and the fan on the fogger is golden.
    if you get the fog to the ceiling it works nicely.

it also keeps the thick initial blast of fog off the dance floor and out of peoples faces.

Thanks Wes I'll give that a try.

I'm currently now considering a Giraffe lighting stand - boy this hobbies expensive(!) as I'm a little concerned about the laser dropping on a home made mount and I don't want to risk that at this power from a few feet only.

Anyone know if they're well amde and sturdy? They seem to have good safety features such as a twist knob and a through pin to stop the stand collapsing, but then again, I know nothing of stands either.

What do you all use?

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    ...boy this hobbies expensive(!)
    ... You mean you've only just realised that ? Welcome to the club

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Thanks Wes I'll give that a try.

I'm currently now considering a Giraffe lighting stand - boy this hobbies expensive(!) as I'm a little concerned about the laser dropping on a home made mount and I don't want to risk that at this power from a few feet only.

Anyone know if they're well amde and sturdy? They seem to have good safety features such as a twist knob and a through pin to stop the stand collapsing, but then again, I know nothing of stands either.

What do you all use?
    i use an ultimate stand with a crosspiece.
    but that is just for a little beam box.
    it has a locking collar that works really well.

when i had my 100lb cubr i used full on scaffolding.

how heavy/what size is your projector?

what kind of mount does it have?

any pics?

Some pictures here Wes: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...0148#post60148

It weighs 15kg according to the Laserworld web site.

I take it, it is ok to put it on one side of a t bar with nothing on the other? Just kindof worried about balance also.

i looked at the giraffe stands and the lighting stand looks just like my ultimate.
    i would NOT hang something so heavy off centered on one of those.

you could make a flat platform and fit a chunky pipe socket(with a set screw) on the bottom(of said platform)and then set the laser on that and secure it.

with that kind of weight, you may consider getting some stage style sand bags to weight the base of the stand.

too bad their goalpost stands aren't taller.
    that would be great.
    maybe you should get something like the goalpost style, but taller, fabricated at a local welders shop.
    something you could break down.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I recommend everybody to not use smoke in a can, it is too expensive in comparison with fog machines. I have a cheap fogger (antari F-80z), and it is good enough for home use and small parties, and it costs only €45!
    I use one of the Antari's at home.. Great little unit..

I tried the smoke in a can and Maplin's smoke machine. Both left my wood floor like an ice rink and my optics looked like they had been bathed in a car's sump...

The Antari, doesn't leave any residue at all... so everything is nice and clean and you don't break your back slipping on the floor

No good for a venue though, I have three hazers for use in bigger venues..

The only thing with the Antari is that the fog doesn't hang too long. but the glycol fluid seems far less messy than the water based stuff my hazers use...

Cheers
    Mark

Default FX smoke in a can its the best !

i have found the best smoke in a can it comes from the usa
    Its used in movies etc but costs £10 a tin on ebay.

I to treid the maplin can smoke but found it made the dance floor very slippy.

This stuff is amazing it 100 % does not set of smoke alarks or fire alarms
    and ist dry you can spray it on a table and no oil will be on there.

i only tend to use it if there are smoke alarms wired to a alarm system

web link is below i can give the ebay sellers name out if any one needs it

http://www.citcfx.com/product_fantasy_fx_01.php