Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 3½ - Feeler ??

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Outdoor High Power Lasers?
    (Mind you, in the present elf and safety climate they class >1 mw as high Power)
    What are you planning on Smoggsy?
    Is all that Jarre talk inspiring you to stage a World Clas event ?

I thought we were all going to sit around and partake of Tea and Muffins with the odd light shining in the background to add some atmosphere.
    Now you are getting all "CAA Aproved"

Sacre Bleu !!

Looks like I won't be making it to UKLEM 3.5. At the end of a night club gig I did last night I was informed that the next event will be on December 13th. (NOOOOOOO)
    and only finnishes at 4am.

I won't be letting anything come between me and UKLEM 4.

Carl

Unhappy

Really sorry to hear that Carl - Was looking forward to you and your equipment being there

Hope the 13th goes well for you mate
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Bummer that Carl
    Just make sure 53 know when UKLEM 4 is so they dont try and book you
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Is it a bit to soon to be thinking about setting a date for UKLEM 4?

Default UKLEM 3.5 - An idea

Hey Guys,

I was looking at this excellent video from 300Evil, it really captures what we are all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z2byNyZduk

It has faces to names at the beginning and a whole bunch of lasers synched up doing a Pango show (For those that haven't seen it or been tempted to click the link before reading on )...

I for one like the idea of being able to visualise who I am chatting with and that show really sums up why we love this money draining hobby so much...

So, why don't we try something similar? I am sure we could cobble together enough lasers, cables and Pango's to do a UK version of the video. We could get really creative with the layout of the actual laser projectors and make it something really special. Plus the guys in the US and Europe can see what a good looking bunch of characters we really are...

One thing I noticed in the video which particularly impresses me is that all the guys had a beer in hand

What do we reckon?

Mark

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Question

Not long now Lads......
    Any more news on what you have up your sleeve re: CAA Approval Smoggy?
    An outdoor lase of mega proportions? (Hope you've got the crowd control sorted to keep all the scrotes back!)

In fact, is there any update on the Guest List?
    I'll be there with my usual green projectors (was hoping to have an RGB at last but it hasn't panned out yet ).

So who else is deffo coming then?

Still about 80% definate for me

I'm certainly up for linking up a load of projectors together, it should look awsome

Richard: I like the new avatar, reminds me of that old Thin Lizzy song

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

has anyone asked mark (fluff) and kevin and friend?

im trying to get laser-steve to come with his 4.5watt green. ill keep you posted.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have rung the CAA this morning to find out what is going on with the application. I have to ring again on the 10th of December to get a H**** number from them after they have notified who needs be. This 'H' number is then referencable online at www.ais.org.uk and will give me details of what we need to do on the day. Apparently the whole aircraft world will know there are going to be lasers at Surfleet on the 14th of December We are famous!!!

I hope the Scope, etc will be there Rob?

I will be bringing my 2x HeNe projectors, My RGB, a couple of Argon's, my crappy 48x 2mw red projector thingy I had at UKLEM3, HeNe yellow, green and reds + a couple of 200mW reds and a BR pointer for effect

Oh and maybe something big and new
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!