Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxyzmodules Are OK

Thumbs up Maxyzmodules Are OK

As promised, if Chuck returned my diode, I would post a full retraction. I received it today (thanks Chuck), so Here it is...
    Maxyzmodules have sold a lot of units. There are a lot of happy customers, (and only a few not.) Although the 660nm isnt as visibly bright as higher wavelengths, they do have a good white-light balance (a lot of you will attest to this) and they can punch thru fog due to the high power and unbelievable beam specs where others will not. The other red wavelengths cannot compete. I was very happy with my dual Maxy red setup while it lasted, the 1st failure I'm pretty sure was my fault (retro-reflection from a mirror placed in the galvo position. The second failure, I don't know. I thought he was over-driving them, but someone said he'd corrected this by going to a higher power diode. I disassembled one of the Maxyzmods and found quite an impressive driver circuit, even though the chip numbers were dremeled off of the chips ..good one Chuck
    I hope that I didn't do too much damage to your good reputation, (I dont think too many people take me seriously anyway, since I have these 'outbursts') and I hope that you sell many more units. I might make one suggestion though that might help your return rate; a little more heat-sink grease on the diode and surrounding metalwork to increase heat transfer wouldn't hurt. Sorry our joint-venture didnt work out.
    Hope your back is feeling better.
    Have a good one.
    -Steve

this is nice to see.

i hope everyone heals from this.

mostly dudes back.
    get well stranger.
    peace,
    w

im glad things were resolved! its been a major let down time in the past 2 months with members vanishing but luckily all have returned and to my knowledge everything has been resolved so thats good!

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    im glad things were resolved! its been a major let down time in the past 2 months with members vanishing but luckily all have returned and to my knowledge everything has been resolved so thats good!

Sorry to upset the applecart , but things are far from resolved for me !

I am several thousand pounds out of pocket and one of my customers is threatening me with breach of contract. All because I can't get chuck to send my diodes and driver back. No response for over two months , when he said he was returning the stuff to me. This has been going on for over a year.

I'm now having to sell off what i can at a loss to make up the shortfall, if that's possible. Please check out what it's going to cost me to replace a 3 watt SDL red and SDL820 driver and a dual Maxy.

A couple of guys that know me can tell you this has put me off lasers , and some of you may have noticed my lack of posts on here as a result.

If anyone has contact with Chuck, PLEASE ask him to return my kit.

Thanks.

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Yea, I don't really consider someone vanishing with your goods or money for months and then finally showing up and making good on the deal "OK". I wouldn't do business with someone who has that reputation.

He hasn't shown up yet , not for me anyway !

I really hope someone can get hold of him and talk some sense into him before I HAVE to go legal . This is a lot of cash and a huge problem.

Chuck was working on the 3 watt red for me. I wasn't buying it. It was already mine.

He's had for a year. I just want it back so I can get on with things. My fear is its been sold.

Quite frankly this has put a huge downer on me when I'm trying to get my own health issues sorted. I'm past being polite about this. I've lost count of how many times he's told me he would send it back. Each time I raise my hopes and each time , nothing. It's soul destroying when it happens over and over again.

Sorry for ranting guys , but I am gutted , and it's making feel physically sick as I type this message.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Lightbulb

I now understand your previous post trying to call him out. I apologize for talking trash back then.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanks for that , but really , no apology necessary mate

I didn't want everyone to know the reason. In hindsight, I should've spoken out . It may have saved others from having problems.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

I am still owed a single module. Been waiting almost a year for it.
    Seems quite insignificant compared to your problems.

You saw what I had to do to get a $300 diode back. I then promised a retraction. That's what I did. I got my diode back. That's what I needed to do.
    I suggest doing what you need to do.