Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - DAC Enclosure

Default Wanted - DAC Enclosure

Hi all. For those who don't remember I made the most appalling housing for my FB3, I found the thread but unfortunately the server I used to home the images went bust, so (thankfully) all the rest of you wont see my un-handy work. To give you an idea of what it was like think of an FB3 inside a shed with screws super glue and wires coming out of it. That was / is my enclosure.
    Anyway I'm a bit sick of looking at it and fed up with the wires falling out all the time but I don't have the tools or know how to make a suitable enclosure.
    Anyone have something suitable which is ready to go? ... No drilling or anything required...
    Graham

i used a simple enclosure from maplin cost £5

half way down the page

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...id=45&Itemid=6
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Graham,

I'm looking into "building" an enclosure for my FB3 that arrived last week.
    Maybe i can make 2 of them..

I'm quite busy next 2 weeks for my work....after that i'll calculate the price of the needed parts.

I'f you find anything in the meanwhile please let me know.

Do you have the same FB3 as i have? (incl the DMX and USB boards)

Andy, thanks, I saw yours a while back but it looks to hard to do. I did get an enclosure form maplins, a plastic one, but it's ribbed on the inside. I do now have a dremal tool and may give this a go, just exploring options.

Anthony, yes I have the DMX and USB boards, so is the same as yours. Look forward to see what you come up with. If I decide to make one in the mean time I'll let you know :-)

Graham

ive just used one of those ribbed ones from maplin for my 1-2ilda plug very easy to do
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

They're ribbed so you can slide circuit boards in between the ribs. The rib then acts as holders.

I'm presuming you want to mount yours the other way on.

Like Andy says, Maplin are a good place to look as they stock many different boards.

All Andy has done is used stand offs, which can also be bought at Maplins. They're nothing more than plastic or brass posts that you screw into the board at one end and through the case at the other. Looking at the board it already has the post mounts as standard so literaly all you need ot do is buy posts to fit and then drill 4 holes in the case just large enough for the securing screws to pass through.

Argh I see. Those posts have always confused me. Should have asked ages ago. I'll have another think about having another go.

Cheers.

While we are on the subject, does anyone know how to extend the coloured lights on the FB3 to the outside enclosure, so I can see the lights changing. I saw a post regrarding this but cant remeber where, or what the correct terms are....
    Cheers,
    Graham

why do you need to see them?

cant see mine and its never been a single problem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Just so I know when it's on. My crap box I have now doesnt tell me weather its on or not. The LED broke.