Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Flea-bay bogus dealer....heruursciences

I have received a 2W IR diode in a very nice packaging.
    I also have a green cavity and crystals underway from Australia.
    So i'll have to wait a short while before i can test the Diode, but i will let you know.
    For now, all i can say is that the diode came nicely packed, but will wait for stuff to arrive to test it. So keep you posted.

124laser, Didn't you resell the laser for $400 dollars on ebay? You got that laser for about 50 bux with a power supply, I offered a refund and still not happy. Sower grapes because you got bid blocked I guess..

1 diode arrives doa, Ok possible, give benifit of doubt,- 2 diodes doa, possible, but not very likely- 3rd one- dies after 30 minutes, and was fine orriginally, then suddenly 500mw max- Come on, it's pretty obvious when your getting played for free diodes.

More like Wow 500mw... OK 800mw... Ok 1W.. ooh more power 1.3W.. Noooooooo! 500mw.. Oh MAN I KILLED IT...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by heruursciences View Post
    1 diode arrives doa, Ok possible, give benifit of doubt,- 2 diodes doa, possible, but not very likely- 3rd one- dies after 30 minutes, and was fine orriginally, then suddenly 500mw max- Come on, it's pretty obvious when your getting played for free diodes.

More like Wow 500mw... OK 800mw... Ok 1W.. ooh more power 1.3W.. Noooooooo! 500mw.. Oh MAN I KILLED IT...
    Please tell me you are NOT talking about Astroguy's recent experience... Fred has to be one of the most honest members of the forum that I know. It sounds more like you need to test your diodes before you ship them; maybe even thoroughly test the ones you sending out as replacments...

I would forget about it. It is just money spent on education.....now lets all get new diodes from a reputable manu in a nice black plastic tray like I do. It is cheaper to buy a tray sometimes than 5 or 6 diodes....plus you save on shipping. Some maun's will sell partial allotments if they have an open tray. That way you know it is good. One of my suppliers even offers a return or exchange if the diode I order does not perform as needed{IR only}. But then again I have baught a few from them....they are also US based.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

^do you have some contact info for a supplier? The only source of good, reasonably priced pump diodes I know of right now are snoctony and junktronix, and I've never actually done business with the latter. Snoctony always comes through, though, but I think that I could get better diodes if I knew the right place to go...

Default come on...

Hey Chris,
    No I did not sell the laser you sold me (yet) the one I sold recently was a JDS head with a Melles Griot lab supply and since it was for a school I discounted it to $325. The head was new old stock with test hours only so there is really no comparison to the nice but used unit I bought from you. What dissapointed me in your laser deal was it came in at 1/2 the power (and unstable because of the mirror alignment issue) you said and shipping took way too long! Then my messages about the power being low went unanswered for days. Yes it was still in the end after alignment a "good deal" (since I know someone who has great alignment skills) but that does not make it right. Offering to waste the buyers time and hassle them with return shipping bacause of your listing errors does not really help so I passed on that. You get some cool stuff; try to do better on these issues. Best wishes for the future, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Chris, you are a flaming idiot. Fred has spent much more time working with diodes than you have, and he's *far* more trustworthy that you could ever hope to be. Search through the forums here and see how many people have posted questionable things about your business dealings. Now do the same thing for Astroguy. See a difference?

Fred most certainly did not kill those diodes. He is meticulous in the extreme. He is also extremely cautious. And don't give me this "they were working fine when they were shipped" crap. You obviously didn't test them (you actually admitted as much to Fred in an earlier e-mail, but evidently you forgot about that) and now you're trying to blame him.

In short: when given the choice between trusting a respected member of this forum and a convicted con artist with a long history of ripping people off (dating back to years before PL was even on-line), I think everyone here will reach the same conclusion.

Sorry Chris. You had a chance to salvage your already tarnished reputation here, and you blew it. Big time. I don't see how anyone in their right mind would ever trust you again. I know I won't.

Adam

124laser, Didn't you resell the laser for $400 dollars on ebay? You got that laser for about 50 bux with a power supply, I offered a refund and still not happy. Sower grapes because you got bid blocked I guess..

Chris, I don't want another diode even if it is free. I don't want to wast any more of my time. And about the last sentence above, the diode was supposed to be 1 WATT!!! and the little spec sheet that you sent with it said 2 WATT MAX and I would have been happy with 800 if it would do it. I never over drive a diode in fact I ALWAYS under drive them to get a good long life. I was not going to say anything bad about you but now your just being an ass and it is quite clear you do not check the diodes you send out so you have no idea what your sending to customers.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Hello,

Did anybody buy this part from Chris?

It was called "HIGH POWER FAP 808nm LASER DIODE FIBER OPTIC AIM LAUNCH", and at about 10 of these were sold. If anybody have a spare, I can either buy it or exchange for something (Nd:Glass rods, pumping lamps, big mirrors, etc). Unfortunately, Chris seems to ignore e-mails or eBay messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Chris, I don't want another diode even if it is free. I don't want to wast any more of my time. And about the last sentence above, the diode was supposed to be 1 WATT!!! and the little spec sheet that you sent with it said 2 WATT MAX and I would have been happy with 800 if it would do it. I never over drive a diode in fact I ALWAYS under drive them to get a good long life. I was not going to say anything bad about you but now your just being an ass and it is quite clear you do not check the diodes you send out so you have no idea what your sending to customers.
    olive13 at laserfreak had the same problem and posted it on PL, if you remember

chris, this problem is repeating again and again

just sell those as "crap bag diodes" for $5 and everyone will be happy not to buy these as new ones for $50 anymore