Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Flea-bay bogus dealer....heruursciences

One question Chris...

How do you explain many of the claims you make in your sale # 250353560218?

UNBELIEVABLE!!! THE WORLD'S SMALLEST VIOLET BEAM LASER POINTER!!! This ultra compact laser runs on only ONE SINGLE AAA battery yet produces a ROYAL PURPLE LASER beam that CAN BE SEEN OVER 100 YARDS! The laser unit is based on state-of-the-art technology for the most demanding applications in scientific research. I managed to get a supply of these extremely RARE Laser diodes that are worth nearly US $2K EACH and put them in these unique laser modules!

A comparable violet laser device is selling for upwards of $2,000 USD! My module has several features that make it more powerful and user friendly than even that one! These features such as REVERSE POLARITY PROTECTION, high reliability switch, ultra compact size, runs off of only 1 cheap AAA battery, laser diode significantly under driven for a nice long life, and the ability to have either intermittent or constant operation! While the diode in this module is capable of 18+ mW, it is run at a more modest 4-5mW so it falls under class III-a legal status AND so it will last you for many years of service. Here are the features of this wonderful gadget!

Laser Diode: GaAlInN, MQW gain guided, multi mode

Lasing wavelength: 404-407nm, 405nm typical (Royal purple-Violet Color)

Optical power throughput: 3 to 5mW

Est. Diode Lifetime: 20,000+ hours at 5mW

Focus: Fixed at infinity, collimated

Operating voltage: 1.5V

Operating current draw: 180-200mA

Battery lifetime: Standard Zinc, 1HR, Alkaline 4Hr, E-2 Ti 8Hrs. E2-Li not recommended

Power source: 1 x AAA battery (LR-03 int'l) Alkaline recommended!

Reverse polarity protection: YES! :-)

Housing: Machined aircraft aluminum, RED BLUE or SILVER anodized.

Water Resistant to light rain or momentary splashes.

Power switch: Lock-out, Momentary ON- ADJUSTABLE SENSITIVITY, Constant ON

It can be used as a Florescence microscopy LASER SOURCE, an alignment or general purpose pointing laser, Spectroscopy, Testing Diamonds and gemstones (YES IT FINDS SYNTHETIC DIAMONDS and RUBY!!!), Tack-welding photosensitive glues, and countless other uses!
    Many of the claims are questionable...

Most 405nm diodes are specked for 5000 hours, not 20000 as you claim. Even though you are under powering the diode, it does not make it last 4 times as long.

It is not the smallest pointer out there at this wavelength, you should know that seeing as you are a very common visitor on LaserPointerForums.

How can you claim it is "water resistant to momentary splashes? The diode module is sticking out of the module and the lens is fully exposed!

According to the power specs you give, it takes in 300mW and puts out 5mW?

In another one of your ads, you sell a small aircooled argon laser system and claim it cost over $100k new? A 100mW SP-185 with power supply, new, is $8000, that's from Spectra-Physics Directly...

Yet another ad, this one for a green laser module, you say it can be pot modded to 100mW with no problems!? Also, you say these $30 modules cost over $200 new.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

null
    Last edited by heruursciences; 05-04-2009 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by heruursciences View Post
    I request that the thread "Flea-bay bogus dealer....heruursciences" be closed due to the fact that it contains information that is Libelous and was started by eBay competitors for purposes of damaging my reputation. It has had over 1000 page views.

May it be duly noted that I will be suing the following people for libel and slander:
    Convicted criminals don't get to sue when people point out that they're convicted criminals. Having read into the background of this, it seems clear that you're (a) a nutjob and (b) bang to rights, so why don't you just crawl back under your rock?

The one and only dealing I had with this chap turned out to be a damp squib
    I purchased on of his BIG LASER OPTIC ELECTRONIC PART GRAB BAG ASSORTMENT BOX

It was a bag of Rot to be honest. One very small HeNe PSU that didn't work, some small toy plastic animals/spiders, broken switches, fans, lamps etc and a million indiscreet resistor type things that I could not identify

Certainly NO laser optics at all!

I would not recommend his services to anyone!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Since everbody else is telling of their experience with this seller so will I.
    I bought a small CO2 powersupply from him, it arrived in good condition and with it came an extra watercooled resistor very well packed with its glass housing intact.
    Two other people that I know of in Sweden has bought RF-excited CO2 lasers from him in the last month and everything worked well.

Maybe he had problems in the past but the last year or so he seems to have lived up to his promises.

Thumbs down Not the best way to introduce yourself to the forums, Chris...

Two sides to every story, I guess.

Go to Google Groups and search the alt.lasers newsgroups. There are lots of posts about Chris, and not all of them are favorable.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know that I trust Mike (MechEng 3) a lot more than someone who's first response to a post explaining a deal gone bad is to threaten a libel lawsuit...

Most sensible people would try to work something out. Did that not even cross your mind, Chris?

Adam

I request that the thread "Flea-bay bogus dealer....heruursciences" be closed due to the fact that it contains information that is Libelous and was started by eBay competitors for purposes of damaging my reputation. It has had over 1000 page views.

May it be duly noted that I will be suing the following people for libel and slander:

Personal details removed, see second edit.

Stupid. While you have a lot of technical nouse, more than enough to make you confident that you can convince buyers of things that a bit of Googling can correct them on, it's stupid to think that you can win a libel case. Those are civil law, not criminal, and they explicitly test for good character, at great expense because facts are often lost in claim and counterclaim, and it takes longer to 'prove' a case, hence the expense of such trials. Anyway, there are apparently facts of character and a past case, this time in criminal law, and you probably won't be that lucky twice. You're batting on a terrible wicket there, likely to be bowled first ball. Further, if you think you can win by throwing money at this, forget it, Ben's likely to find backing strong enough to clean you out of you fight it that way. Well, he is if he and his dad get on well enough.

And if the admin here closes this thread, I'd be totally surprised. It's not his opinion being stated here and this doesn't come under any law that would threaten him or the forum. If you want to stop people saying anything about you that you disagree with, you're going to have to get a court order under jurisdiction of whatever nation they speak from, restraining them individually. Good luck with that, you'll need plenty.

EDIT: Just for posting those physical addresses you've likely opened yourself to a criminal charge. Most nations now have this as protected data, a protection you just abused, and now that I have quoted your post, you are powerless to hide evidence of that. (Though if either Ben or Mike request it, I'll edit the post to remove their address.)

Don't pick fights you can't win.

Edit: Ben asked heruursciences to remove Ben's personal data, so that should extend to me even though I wasn't asked directly to edit my quote. Makes sense therefore to remove both details from my quote now.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 01-12-2009 at 16:53.

On the advice of my attorneys, I ask that the thread be closed, not removed, to prevent removal or editing of posts that are libelous and defamatory in content, as it may be used as evidence at trial.

As for the last poster's legal love letter, The physical addresses are provided to give notice to the parties involved, and give them a chance to act and correct the actions which amounted to libel. The said parties physical addresses are public domain information that anyone can find in a standard telephone directory and are not subject to UK/EU privacy laws. End of discussion.
    Last edited by heruursciences; 01-12-2009 at 08:09.

I will go to the court house today and file suits against the said parties. end of discussion.
    whoa.. it ended? how come i can still discuss???

weird...
    -Josh

I will go to the court house today and file suits against the said parties. end of discussion.
    Yep, and your gonna win this one arn't you!

Discuss, discuss
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!