Thread: Are these amps fast?

Default Are these amps fast?

Hey guys, While browsing eBay, I came across some G-120s with matching amps. The amps look like they are made by (or made for) GS. Anyone know if these are any good? As far as performance, I am hoping to get 20k @ 20 degrees. The only amps I know that are the fastest are the Turbo Track amps from Sir Benner of Pangolin. Since these are General Scanning amps, I thought maybe they'd give decent speeds. Anyone know these?

The set (galvo and amp) was under $70 and NIB, so I figured I would buy a pair. Closed loop XY pair for about $140, not too shabby right? I know G-120s have their quirks but they are way cheaper than the Chinese scanners and I already have another set of 120s that I haven't touched since I got rid of my Laser Artistry amp so I am good for broken bars for a while.

I also gotta say, I am new here..... AWESOME FORUM!!

Here is the amp:

Thanks guys!!!

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thats a mini-sax, about the best GSI ever made. The interface board is there, which is usually missing on Ebay auctions, so looks like a winner. Is it in the Turbotrack class, NO, is it overwise fast? Yes, very fast. if your g120s have the older db15 connectors, you may need to do some soldering.

spex:

http://www.gs-scanners.com/pdfs/manu...X_Manual_G.pdf

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-17-2008 at 08:00.

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much!!! The galvos and amps are matched. I will definitely have to give these a whirl when they arrive. Thanks again for the info!