Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pangolin Lasershow Performer console

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default Pangolin Lasershow Performer console

    guys at the uk meet everyone had different controllers.

    ive been looking on pangolins web site etc and i see they sell this one

    http://www.laservisuals.com/panconsole.htm

    now ive only got an fb3 with livepro, what controllers are out there that will work with the fb3 and livepro.

    also what prices are these controllers?

    at a recent laser show i saw toby the guy who did the rihanna gig has the below controller and he seemed to control pretty much everything from his controller and didnt use a mouse at all. he had touch screen and did use that a tad.

    [img]
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/DSCN9410.jpg[/img]

    he controller speeds scan angle well just everything. the show was awesome and i want to be abke to do the same

    im just testing the water, as if these setups are silly money im not gona bother.

    all help welcome
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN & Huntsville, AL, USA
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    As long as you use LivePro, you're in luck, since virtually every control in the software can be mapped to MIDI. You can easily find brand-new MIDI controllers (both keyboards and dedicated controllers) for between $100 and $200!

    You might want to check out this post by "Insanity" concerning a controller he decided to use:

    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=Novation
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Andy

    I've sent you a PM

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    toby the guy who did the rihanna gig has the below controller and he seemed to control pretty much everything from his controller and didnt use a mouse at all. he had touch screen and did use that a tad.

    [img]
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/DSCN9410.jpg[/img]

    he controller speeds scan angle well just everything. the show was awesome and i want to be abke to do the same

    See this topic: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hlight=livepro

    Controller is made by Hugo Bunk from Laser Image.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    My momentum is too precisely determined :S
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    As long as you use LivePro, you're in luck, since virtually every control in the software can be mapped to MIDI.
    Just like me then. I use an USB to MIDI converter together with my USB to DMX. I can control my lights with my keyboard now. That is fun! It allows you to control your lights even better.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    thanks for ya help guys

    now i need a touch screen monitor
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    I did quite fancy having a go with this...

    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...di-controller/

    But it seems to have died a death and never made it to full production. It would probably have been ideal though, you could just add the bits you wanted where you wanted.

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •