Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheap Emergency Stop

Cheers Jim
    just what I'm looking for really rather than just relying on the pin code on the desk.

Thanks for the diagram. I take it the button below the E-stop is the reset for the relays.

Edit : Just realized that is the lamp under the E-stop.

Carl

Yeah, it's the lamp, just to show you the contactor is on. The key switch is spring return so just a quick 'flick to the right' (RockyHPShow ) and it's on. Hit the E-stop and it goes off and will only come back on again when the E-stop has been pulled out and you turn the spring return key switch again.
    You could alternatively replace the key switch with a push button but I fitted a key switch for extra safety.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

The key switch would be the only option for me. I like the scenes of authority over the system.

How much am I looking at to put a box like that together. CPC is just up the road from my house. Very handy.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    The key switch is spring return so just a quick 'flick to the right' (RockyHPShow ) and it's on.
    Er... That would be a JUMP to the LEFT, and then a STEP to the RIGHT. (Virgin!)

Adam

I used to have a nice E-Stop key switch from a semiconductor manufacturing machine and I threw it away because I never thought I would use it. -Sigh-.

Jim

Can you confirm in the diagram what the item labeled C1 next to the lamp is. I'm thinking capacitor. If so what value is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    The key switch would be the only option for me. I like the scenes of authority over the system.

How much am I looking at to put a box like that together. CPC is just up the road from my house. Very handy.

Carl
    If your projector has an emergency stop connection built in its easier and cheaper to use that connection as I've done as then you're dealing with low voltage / current.

If not, then you're only option is to go down Smogs route which is to interrupt the power supply. However, here because you're dealing with mains voltage and current at whatever level the projector draws, the components are going to be more expensive as they'll be higher rated. I see also Smogs gone down the RCD circuit breaker route, presumably to offer additional protection to his sockets in venues where circuit breakers aren't fitted as standard.

C1 is a 20A contactor - a high power relay with a 230vAC energising coil
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

RGBlaserfan

Interrupting the mains is my only option as I built the projectors my self and regrettably the more expensive option but I can't do much about that.

Jim

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. So use to thinking items on a circuit diagram with a C against it as a capacitor.

Carl