Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scanergy scanners

Bill, I am glad I could read your test before ordering a set to test
    I see, this would be just another 600 Euros for nothing.
    I am really disappointed that a company claims >60K for a scanner which is just doing less than 30K. It seems to be standard today, that the customer has to devide all "Kpps" specifications of most scanner products by 2 (at least), to get the real value.
    It is the same like with a well known company, selling "50K" Scanners.
    They also can do about 26K more or less good looking.

"We would like to thanks to NASA for using the latest technology, newly developed high-tech materials and to help us in our hardly works."

Well, I also work hard and I want to thank Michael Faraday, Nicola Tesla, Joseph Henry, Andre-Marie Ampere and Alessandro Volta for using their latest technology and help us in our hardly works..

Joachim
    Producer of EasyLase USB and NetLase
    Lasershow software DYNAMICS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Well, I also work hard and I want to thank Michael Faraday, Nicola Tesla, Joseph Henry, Andre-Marie Ampere and Alessandro Volta for using their latest technology and help us in our hardly works..
    Haha! I agree... And it's good to see you here, Joachim!
    It is the same like with a well known company, selling "50K" Scanners.
    They also can do about 26K more or less good looking.
    I'm guessing that you're talking about the LaserWorld scanners here, right? I must admit that I came close to buying a set of those scanners on E-bay a while back. They were so cheap! But then I thought that for such a low price, they *couldn't* be very good...

It's sad to see so many companies advertising equipment that can't meet the specifications they claim...

Adam

""It's sad to see so many companies advertising equipment that can't meet the specifications they claim... ""

I guess its like the situation maybe 5 years back with laser pointers , wild claims made relying on the public not having the knowledge or the equipment to verify but thanks to the rise of some superb forums like this specs can be checked and verified ......photonlexicon has saved me a lot of heartache and pain and COLD HARD CASH over the last few years which is why i hit the DONATE button for the second time the other day lets keep our forum healthy ..dont want it running out of photons !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Haha! I agree... And it's good to see you here, Joachim!

I'm guessing that you're talking about the LaserWorld scanners here, right? I must admit that I came close to buying a set of those scanners on E-bay a while back. They were so cheap! But then I thought that for such a low price, they *couldn't* be very good...

It's sad to see so many companies advertising equipment that can't meet the specifications they claim...

Adam
    Adam, you create LaserWorld scanner review?

Gabor

Cool

No, I never reviewed a set of LaserWorld scanners. I *did* come close to buying a set on E-bay a while back though. They were selling their "50K" scanners for insanely cheap prices - like $300 or so - and I thought it would be a good idea to give them a try.

But then I read several posts here on PhotonLexicon where people had purchased the 50K scanners and couldn't even get them to run at 30K! I also read a few posts about people having problems with LaserWorld projectors... Shoddy workmanship, lousy optic mounts, lasers that are not making their rated power, and scanners that can't even come close to 30K speeds.

After reading all that, I decided to pass on the cheap 50K scanners they have on E-bay. I don't need any more junk! I have enough already...

If you search the forums for "LaserWorld", you'll find the posts I am referring to. There are quite a few people here that are disapointed with their purchases from that company.

Adam

Just to add to Jojos and buffos reply on laserworlds 50ks ....

i also got a set from ebay .... only paid £180 ( $324 or 226 euro )

so they were cheap and i wasnt expecting much .... but when they arived ther were well made, quality components and ran 30k out of the box and ran cool

BUT .... any more than 30k and they rapidly fell off .... and they state 50k ... but when you read the manual it states that they can only achive this by fitting smaller mirrors ( which will be impossible unless you have the correct jig to do this ) and retuning .... as bill said before, all these type of chinese scanners are copies of the 6800s and cambridge only designed them to do 30k .... so dont expect any more

if you can get them for a low bid on ebay .... they are well worth the money ..... if paying full retail ..... maybe not .... i would recomend you go with scanpros or Joachim's raytracks or DT40s

all the best ... Karl