Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the "correction amp" for??

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Ahh OK, so would I ground both the ground of the scanner input, AND one of the - or + inputs?
    Yes!

Try taking a still image of it rather than a video. You might be able to keep the shutter open long enough to get a good idea of what it looks like.

Start with something simple like the big white circle!

James.

Is the circle supposed to be perfectly rounded?

When I try display it at 20K, it is circle shaped, but it has a few "bumps" around the edges. When I display the ILDA test pattern at 20K, it shows up fine, apart from the centre circle being slightly smaller than the square. As I said, there are a few patterns that show up perfectly, and a few that are just horrible!

Would having a really slow computer affect what it outputs?

Use LaserBoy to make a wave of the circle. I have no idea what to tell you about the use of Spaghetti or drlava's driver.

James.

hey James! I saved all the frames from the main LaserBoy ILD file into a wave, and played it back thru media player. The gear seems to be abit better, though its still slightly distorted ..

How do you make it go through them slower? Cause right now it goes through them all too fast for me to take a good look?
    EDIT: also, how do you change the scanspeed?

is there ANY other EQ's/filters on anything in windows, that could be affectiing my output??
    Last edited by Things; 09-18-2008 at 16:07.

OK well, I have been mucking around with lasertennis, and it seems, not matter how big or small the output is, there is always distortion if I go over like 15K, and even thats pushing it. If I try 20K in laser tennis, its digusting :/

There must be some kind of limiter or smoother going on somewhere ...

On laser tennis, 7,500pps seems to be the best speed before the letters go distorted :/

Do you have an oscope by any chance?

try just saving one frame as a wave, then play it.

the default .ild file just has a bunch of different frames but are only 1 frame long so they will go VERY fast.

instead of pressing 9 to save the current frame set just click 10 and it will save the current frame as wave.
    -Josh

Unfortunately, no

I am thinking there may be another EQ somewhere that is screwing everything over, but then again, I dunno why it gets sooooo distorted. For example, I played james's sig. over a wav, but it was soo distorted it was unreadable

What I am thinking, is that the card is sending the audio too quickly, so the scanners re doing something, but then they get a diff signal, so they skip what they were doing and just keep going. I dunno :/

From the main menu in LaserBoy, choose [Tab] the system settings. Look at option 'a' still frame duration in seconds. Choose 'a' and make it 300. Now [Esc] out of the settings back to main. Arrorow to your favorite frame and choose 'o' to output a file. Any frame you are looking at right now can be saved as a still image wave that will play for 300 seconds... 5 minutes!

You also need to invert your waves!

If you go into 'u' from the main menu, you can see settings that have an on or off value. Hit 'd' to make LaserBoy save waves as inverted. [Esc] to main. Choose 'o'. Choose 'i' to save your LaserBoy system settings. Now it will be that way the next time you run LaserBoy.

You can also invert waves that have already been made in the main menu option 'b' LaserBoy wave utilities.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Unfortunately, no

I am thinking there may be another EQ somewhere that is screwing everything over, but then again, I dunno why it gets sooooo distorted. For example, I played james's sig. over a wav, but it was soo distorted it was unreadable

What I am thinking, is that the card is sending the audio too quickly, so the scanners re doing something, but then they get a diff signal, so they skip what they were doing and just keep going. I dunno :/
    At first I had problems with channels overlapping. To fix it I went into that control panel for the sound card and then went to the screen that has the speakers in the room and clicked on Default. If I moved them around it screwed things up pretty bad. I also had to set it to 8 channels for input and output. I never got it to work with 6 channels. Do you have XP?