Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the "correction amp" for??

Yep, i'm using XP right now.

OK. I will post some screen shots of my set up and you can copy them so you should at least be at a known good state.

Well so much for screenshots because my wireless card is at work. I'll just guide you through my settings:

Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices
    Select Audio Tab
    Select the USB soundcard in the Default Device
    Click Advanced
    Select 7.1 wide configuration speakers->Apply
    Click Effects tab and select none-> Hit OK
    Select your normal soundcard back as the default then hit OK

Control Panel-> USB Multi-Channel Audio Device
    Main Settings tab-> select 8
    Click the 7.1 Virtual speaker Shifter until the room with the man shows up.
    Click Reset
    All other tabs shoud be at their defaults
    Hit OK

That's all

hey carmangary, I set all those settings, and still no luck
    but I have noticed, with laser tennis, that the Y axis seems to be "overshooting" abit, I think. I dont have any blanking ATM, but the centre line goes past the bottom line of the square, which seems like overshoot to me?

Things, in laseroids you should be able to slow it down to the point of where it looks perfect. can you? Pictures would be helpful in diagnosis here. Also are you absolutely sure you get the same distortion before and after your correction amps?

Yes I can slow lasertennis AND laseroids down to the point where it looks pefect, but that speed is around 5500pps :/

And yes, I am sure its something to do with the sound card, as when I first hooked the sound card up, without the amps, I had the same problem. I realise pictures would be good, but since its low speed, and I dont think my camera has long exposure, its hard to pick it all up. BUt basically, the slower, the better it looks (apart from the usual flickering), and as you try speed it up, stuff "shrinks" kinda and goes all outta whack

EDIT: In laseroids, when the asteroids go near and off the edge, the scanners go crazy and start scanning random lines, almost like what u get when u measure certain frequencies on a oscope, untill the asteroid is gone, and it happens over and over when they go near the edge. Is that any kinda clue?
    Last edited by Things; 09-18-2008 at 18:02.

on mine i once you choose 7.1 surround sound click the little speaker volume meter below it and change all the speakers to +2db
    except the L and R speakers leave those at 0
    -Josh

OK, if I turn down the volume/size abit, the rapid random scanning doesnt happen anymore, But I still cant get a good scan speed :/

Does this scan angle seem OK to you guys?:

OK, the proj. is about 3M from the wall, and the projected image is about 1/2 a metre big on the wall with laseroids up full size, and the sound card volume up full. Does that sound OK?
    Last edited by Things; 09-18-2008 at 18:17.

Sounds like you need to first get your output voltages set correctly. Volume should be maxed then set the voltages then only use the laser software level control to change the size.

Once you set the voltages you right you can move on to other things I think.

I did try that last night, but i'll set the max output @ 5V again, using the wave file lava made for maxing it out.