Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the "correction amp" for??

Okay, just made an attempt at tuning, and it seems good so far!

I set the speed to 22K in Spaghetti, and tuned fom the ILDA test pattern. Here is my result so far:

Colours @ 22K

Anyone know what I need to do, to get that circle round?
    It seems the oval circles are the only probs.

Also, does anyone have the media test patten .ild? I'd like to try that out too

Thanks

The circle is oval like that because your X & Y tuning isn't balanced. Fiddle with your tuning some more and it should become a nice circle.

Okay, i have made it into a circle. I can still see a few patterns that are scewy, but its not as bad as it was. Abit more tuning and it should be fine. Do you notie it sometimes like "Stretches" out during the shows? It grows and shrinks. Is that the inbuilt limiting?

Do you mean that the image kind of gets big and small? If so, I had that problem for awhile with the sound card and then it went away from something I did. LOL. Remember that room with the picture of the man with the speakers in it? Hit reset to make them go to their defaults. And reboot your computer. That's all I can remember that i did.

I think it was the inbuilt limiting. I just set the X and Y in the main config to -2.

Stuff seems to be getting better. I would like to try the media test pattern so I can test if stuff is lining up right.

EDIT: Some more test patterns. Do these look OK to you guys?

Square - 23K

Media test pattern - 23K

I think theres abit of mode hopping in there ...

ANother ILDA test -23K

If I tune the other patterns correctly, then try the ILDA test pattern, the ILDA one is slightly out.

Cheers
    Last edited by Things; 09-19-2008 at 17:47.

you are getting overshoot in that first one. adjust your LF damping to compensate. You should be able to slowly 'go up the stairs' until all of the frames look good at 20k.

hey lava. for some reason, when I make the media pattern good, and switch to the square, I end up with serious overshoot. What do you think I am doing wrong there?

EDIT: well I am pretty happy with the tuning. The ILDA test pattern still looks like crap, but most of the other patterns work fine with this tuning. Like "Yom" here

Last edited by Things; 09-19-2008 at 20:21.

To be fair, some of the frames you picked are more challanging than others. It's starting to look pretty good!

James.

it is starting to look much better! good work!
    -Josh

Thanks guys! When I first found the distortion prob, I thought about tuning, but hen figured, it worked fine on the DMX board, and were factory tuned. It seems like thats not the case when using a sound cad DAC !