Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the "correction amp" for??

Make sure the max/min is +-5v centered at 0.

Okay, I set it so it idles at 0V, and maxes at 5. It still goes distorted tho. What happens, is at a low speed, like 10K it appears fine. As I try to bring it up to 20K, stuff shrinks and grows, goes inside out etc. Its really weird o_O

What's the scan angle? Set it to 8 degrees and check what you can do with the ILDA test pattern. Try tuning a little and see if that helps.

OK I even tried tuning. I got the test pattern to what I thought was good, went over to laseroids and i still has the same distortion problem. Didn't someone say these cards have some sort of inbuilt limiting??

OK, I realise pictures/video will help you guys greatly. I'll run into work soon and grab my good camera, and see if I can get a good pic/vid of what its doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    OK I even tried tuning. I got the test pattern to what I thought was good, went over to laseroids and i still has the same distortion problem. Didn't someone say these cards have some sort of inbuilt limiting??
    Supposedly, but if I use the default settings it works fine.

You only really run into the AGC (inbuilt limiting) when using WMP to play back wavs, since it boosts the gain greater than 1 on the front channels.

So does any one have any idea what could be causing it to distort at higher speeds? I doubt its my scan angle, my amp outputs 4.73V max on both channels, so I wouldnt be pushing it. THe only thing I can think of, is either my computer is too slow to send all the data, or there is a cap or something on the sound card thats distorting it, or there is another EQ or something somewhere on windblows.

If you can play drlava's full swing positive wave and measure a DC voltage on the output of every channel, then there is no cap.

James.

James, just to confirm, the GROUND of the sound card, is the - side, of that capacitor near the USB plug? Would that capacitor possibly be screwin with it? I dunno why else it would just randomly distort at higher speeds.

Also, since these are dual opamps, how do you use them in the dual configuration?? I only have 2 TL072's ATM, but I saw on your DAC correction amp, there is only 3, but you have 6 channels?

Thanks