Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trans Siberian Orchestra tour time again!!

Default Trans Siberian Orchestra tour time again!!

It's TSO tour time again!!

http://www.trans-siberian.com/ontour/index.php

For those who haven't seen any of their performances, it quite the show, with plenty of lasers, smoke, lasers, impressive lighting displays, choreagraphed flame effects, very talented performers...and lasers !

HIGHLY recommended!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

I agree with Randy. Saw TSO for the first time last year around C-mas. The show started out kinda slow, and it gets pretty cheesy for the first 45 min or so. But then they take a break and introduce everyone. Then it gets fucking crazy!

Lights (lots of lights)... Lasers (RGB beams)... *SNOW* (yeah, you read that right... SNOW! in an indoor arena!) Colored flame pots that are beat-syncronized... Pyro... Moving trusses... More lights... An LED curtain that does video effects.... Chilled fog spilling off the stage... Oh yeah, and hard driving music that is a techno-fusion of rock and classical genres. Pretty cool stuff.

It's worth the price of admission. It's something you need to see at least once. Just be patient while they do all the vocal stuff first. It gets better after that...

Adam

...and, although it's not listed on our web site, TSO is Powered by Pangolin:
    http://www.pangolin.com/powered/

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    ...and, although it's not listed on our web site, TSO is Powered by Pangolin:
    http://www.pangolin.com/powered/

Bill
    Cool!!

Hmmm...I wonder if they use any Laser interns during their tours...?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I still say their performance is not "live". No way, no how. People argued with me last year on it and didnt stop to think there is no way they can perform in 2 cities at the exact same time. They basically come complete with actors who get the job done. I almost would prefer it like that anyhow because the synchronized lighting is just crazy. Also, they do all beam work which is my preferred kind of laser show.

Anyhow you can view some of the performance here
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...&search=Search

The videos dont really show it as well as you can tell it in person but if you natually count beats and can join actions with beats and measures then the show is so amazing synchronized that its just not possible for the music to be live. Enough ranting, if you havent seen the show and want to witness an amazing laser show, get tickets now, they sell out really fast.

Had to keep the camera low and the viewfinder off since they were taking peoples cameras at one point

They may be lip-synching, but they have a FINE looking array of folks in their line-up!

http://www.trans-siberian.com/about/theband.shtml

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they actually added a completely 2nd tour group to their primary lineup, and split the experienced tour members accordingly. Even if it is pre-recorded (surely no one in the entertainment industry would do that!!), it is definitely one well-staged performance!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-19-2008 at 05:06.
    RR

Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Some fine looking totty there.
    Such a shame that they aren't touring England.
    But isn't the tour touted as "A Show"?
    Therefore you can't really expect a live gig.
    Just "an experience" which, if the posts on here are to be believed, is a pretty good one.

And quite the experience it is, "matey" !!

"The Ghosts of Christmas Eve" DVD would give someone a pretty good idea of what the first half of their show is all about - a bit different, but pretty good, and it fits the season.

The second half of the show, however, is one serious "balls-to-the-wall" throwdown that has to be experienced first-hand to really appreciate!

It is a shame they don't tour England, Europe or Australia, but there are plenty of US dates if you happen to wind up on this side of the big pond during the winter months!
    RR

Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    but they have a FINE looking array of folks in their line-up!
    yeh some of those fine women make me want to say the following statement.

I'd second that motion, your honor

BTW -

Just picked up my tickets for the December 22 show here in Knoxville!
    Sweet!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-19-2008 at 09:12.
    RR

Sweet.....