Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scanner box, builders block

ok could someone post some links or pics of beam table setups (mine will be RG or RGV)

I think a lot of us think of "beam tables", at least for our particular interests, as something like the "Mobolazer" type projectors, as seen here:

http://www.onestoplasershop.com/specials.htm

You often see them as a longer (sometimes open) projectors with multiple mirror mounts for fixed-diameter "chase" beam effects and some (generally) lower-resolution graphics.

A scanner-based multi-color projector like you (and most of us on the forum) have been talking about building can do multiple, 3D beam effects and higher resolution graphics without any external hardware. You could use it in conjunction with bounce mirrors to create many of the same effects as a Mobolazer-type beam table setup, plus a whole lot more!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

no, im looking for pics of how people setup their combining optics and lasers and galvos

Gotcha!

I'm attaching a MS Word document that depicts a typical RGB layout (substitute the violet for blue if you decide to go that route), along with the ILDA wiring diagram.

Also, here is a link to a GREAT tutorial & discussion concerning the details of the alignment process:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ght=robs+guide
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

nice thanks...

i appreciate all the help...

I have my own skills to add to the mix, promise
    Last edited by keeperx; 09-22-2008 at 10:18.

No problem - most folks on this forum are EXTREMELY helpful!!

I had a LOT of help over the last 1 1/2 years, and I'm just passing on some of the tips I learned along the way.

As was mentioned earlier - if you can make it to any of the SELEM or FLEM meets, you'll be guaranteed to get your money's worth! They're a great learning experience, and a whole lot of fun!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Hi Keeperx

i have just posted on another thread my optics setup and ... personaly after trying all the other methods i find this the best .... and easyist
    to save you time i will copy it here ( so sorry all for the duplicate post )

if anyone has an easier way please tell me

think i might have mentioned this a few times before

But the way that i have laid out my projector optics totaly eliminates any adjustment of the laser heads .... the laser emmision does not have to be at the same hight... infact on mine there is about 8 mm total difference in hight between the beams of the three heads ...

so no floating tables ... no shims ... the lasers can even be at slight angles to each other no no need for perfect drilling ......

the correction of hight is done by mirrors A and B
    these also align the beams onto the center of the green laser beam
    ( nearfield correction )

then the Dicros C and D keep the beams parallel ..... ( farfield correction )

after using this method i would not do it any other way it takes seconds to get perfect alignment

all the best ... Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dichro layout marked.jpg  

i have percision mounts that will work for a and b, where can i get a set of c and d?
    BTW i like that method and will be using it..

and could i replace a and b with a couple of these instead
    http://cgi.ebay.com/THOR-LABS-KM100B...3286.m20.l1116

should have same effect right?
    Last edited by keeperx; 09-23-2008 at 03:39.

sorry Keeperx

i dont think they will ... the one you linked 2 are platforms and dont have the same multiaxis fine adjustment

the ones im using on C and D are standard MM1 mounts from laserwave although my dichros came from medialas ..... and are rectangular ... so i have just super glued them to the edge of the mount

all the best .... Karl

ahh i see that...

this guy gives me hope..
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/gallery.../rgbprojector/