Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: No See Um Netting

aijii I've never used this but I understand that black may be too dark. Usually there;s some ambient lighting in a club and black contrasts against that whereas grey makes less of a contrast. As you've now ordered 2 samples, best to just try it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    its adrian here dave posts as dave...
    Oh, yeah.

this club is not completely dark.. and the screen _must_ be discrete.
    Samples are a good idea, but it sounds like it's gotta be black then. If there is any lighting around, the grey mosquito net looks a lot like grey mosquito net. Fortunately, this is one of the very few problems in life which can be solved with... higher laser power! Be sure to post back and let us know how it looks, I am interested to know for future shows too.

Will do.

We have a fairly bright RGB that will be situated 3 or so metres behind the scrim. and given its a dark room, i'm thinking it should be okay....
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Smile

Need to order some of this. I read earlier Gray is the best colour to get - whats this called on the actual skeeta site ?
    "Slate Grey No-see-um netting"
    also, anyone tried the black netting with lasers ?
    Yep - I've tried black *and* white. The slate grey is the best color. The white sticks out like a sore thumb, and the black is actually too dark! The slate grey blends in the best.
    our customer doesn't want to see the netting - its going inside a club, with a $$$ fitout, don't want to ruin it with mosquito netting that sticks out like a sore thumb...
    One suggestion then: Do the sewing yourself. They use a very heavy-duty, zig-zag stitch to join the pieces together, and this makes a seam that is *clearly* visible.

You can sew this stuff on a standard home sewing machine though. Use a basic straight stitch and you'll be fine, and the seam will be much less visible. (Remember, the stuff comes in 54 inch wide rolls, so you'll have vertical seams every 54 inches.)

Adam

Thumbs up The cheapest 'laser enhancement' on the market

Thank you, soforene for many things but especially for bringing attention to this great stuff! I purchased some slate grey and had then sew loops at the top and bottom for guide rods and it came out great. They used a straight-line stick with grey thread.

Had some friends over tonight and this REALLY enhances the effect. Beams + graphics right in front of you, it's really the way to go. And the best part.. my wife likes lasers again.
    thanks again!

How is this guys shipping time? I am considering maybe a 3x3 metre piece, and buying some PVC piping and making a nice frame ...

Would be awesome to use this at the school fete on the 24th of October ...

I placed the order Tues afternoon, They stitched and (on request) express mailed it Wednesday, and it came in Thurdsay morning.

So I would say, good

OK then, just emailed him for a few prices ...